Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Greetings,

The barcode service in my app stopped working recently for no apparent reason.

The barcode service still works fine in the tester app, which probably rules out the device, however after building and installing the apk, the barcode service fails.

I deleted the barcode service and reinstalled it, however it fails again after the new build.

I went through this same process weeks ago when the camera service stopped working, once again for no apparent reason. Your support was unable to resolve the camera issue so I finally gave up and removed the camera service.

The barcode service is essential to my app. This service has worked properly since I began working on my app months ago. Now, here I am again with another service failing, mysteriously failing after the build process.

Except for the barcode function, my app is ready to publish. I need to avoid the same fiasco as with the camera service and get the barcode service working again.

Please advise.

Vince

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Hi Vince -

Barcode scanner is a Cordova plugin - we will update all Cordova plugins in nearest future. Camera service also uses Camera Cordova plugin which now can be incompatible with new generation of mobile devices with big screens for example.

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Hi Illya,

Thank you for your reply.

If I understand you correctly, the app I have been working on for 6 months, and planned to publish this week, is now useless because one of your plugins is out of date?

Exactly when will Apepryio update the Cordova plugin and make my app functional again?

One would assume that your company would provide critical updates within a matter of hours for any out of date plugin that rendered some of your client's apps useless. Apparently that is not the case.

Also, assuming that your next update make my app functional again, should I expect my app to be rendered useless again when another plugin becomes obsolete?

I have been an enthusiastic Appery client for the past six months. Please provide some kind of reassurance that your service is and will remain a viable platform for app developers, because I now fear that all the time, labor and expense I have incurred for the past six months have been in vain.

Regards,

Vince

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

No response? Seriously?

My app doesn't work due to your out of date plugin and you cannot tell me how and when this issue will be resolved?

Your support staff has provided excellent service in the past. I am surprised and disappointed at the current lack of support.

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Vince -

I'm sorry for misunderstanding, I've mentioned that we are going to update our Cordova plugins and possibly this will fix your issue.

In our testing environment Barcode scanner works without any issues. On Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3 and Android 5.0 also on iOS devices with iOS 7.1.2. and 8.1.4

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Is your app is still shared with? Could you please provide steps to reproduce your issue?

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Illya,

Thank you for the reply.

The barcode function worked perfectly in our app until recently. We have made no changes to any barcode related pages. This is the same set of mysterious circumstances we had with the failure of the camera function.

The timing of several recent android os updates correspond to the timing of the barcode failure.

To recreate the error I just have to create the apk file. The barcode function works fine when run in the tester app. The barcode function does not work when the apk is installed on multiple android devices.

When will your platform update the cordova plugins? I have asked this question twice but have not received an answer. As you stated, this is the probable cause of the issue.

My app was conceived with the barcode scanner as the central focus of the app. I need this function to work and I need it to work reliably without failure.

I will share the app again, however your staff was unable to resolve the similar camera failure and I was forced to remove the function.

Vince

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Hi Vince -

We are planning to update Cordova plugins in our next release, also will be added Cordova management tool where you will be able to remove or add any plugin in your Appery.io project.

Until then could you please share your project with us, and we'll forward it to our development team for investigation. (also please specify the name of the project and steps to reproduce it in your app)

Vince

Barcode Service Failed!

Illya,

The app name is SideDoor Merchant. The app has been shared. The barcode function works fine in the tester app. Just export the APK to create the failure.

When will the cordova plugins be updated? I've worked 6 months on an app that I planned to release last week. The barcode scanner just stopped working for no reason and I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Illya Stepanov

Barcode Service Failed!

Vince -

I can't tell you the exact date right now, we are currently working on our next release.

I've opened your app settings and can't find that Camera is enabled in Android permissions tab - http://prntscr.com/8lkxv5

-- try applying "Reset to defaults".

Return to “Issues”