Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Appery Team,

IOS 11 is coming and the public beta is starting. (see here and numerous related articles)...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/26/app...

Last year with IOS 10 - we were surprised to find out that our Apps would not fire the on-device ready event - on startup - without modification to the source. Bottom line - we were not ready to deploy on IOS 10 when it was released -made public - and we started deploying our apps to phones with IOS 10.

Question - what's the process you are using this year - to prepare for IOS 11 ? Are you and your development team actively participating in the IOS11 public beta and compiling sample Apps and deploying them on phones running the public beta ?

Would you like participation in that process from members of this community as we obviously have a vested interest in our collective success ?

Please advise....

Happy Wednesday,

Bruce

Evgene Karachevtsev

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hello Bruce,

Our developers are aware about iOS 11 release this year, but we'll ping them, just in case. We've passed your suggestion of cooperation and I suppose we'll get in touch with you and other members of this community. Thank you for this post.

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Evgene,

Thanks for the reply here. I'm going to assume that there will be some at least minor changes needed to support IOS11 ... so it's probably critical that DEV has this on their roadmap today in order for the changes to make it to market with IOS11.

I hope their reply to you includes how they are going to determine what that list is ... and a release date for those changes.

I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can ... and will likely be joining the public beta on a Less used device in the next day or two ... and will Be deploying my apps there as well.

Please advise how we can help as a community.

Bruce

Jeffry Reed

IOS 11 is coming right ?

any word on IOS 11? is it supported?

Evgene Karachevtsev

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hello,

Our development team is working on this task, iOS 11 will be supported soon.

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Evgene,

Thank you for the update... And as you are aware... I am a staunch supporter of Appery and Appery platform....

That said, Can you please be more specific on what the definition of “soon”... Is? Since there has been a public targeted and reasonably robust and available BETA going on since May... The list of action items to support iOS 11... Has been a known quantity for some time now...

Best,
Bruce

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Here is another update on iOS 11 support.

We would like to let you know that presently it is a matter of greatest importance for us and now Appery.io team is close to putting the final touches on our full support for the new version of the iOS.

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Galyna,

Thanks for the update ... appreciate this and the other post you provided earlier today.

Best,
Bruce

Jeffry Reed

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hello,

I am running an app on iOS 11 and seems to work fine. Can you reveal what aspects of appery that are not compatible and will be resolved?

thanks

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hi Jeff,

Speaking from last year’s experience... With each new iOS release comes the new release of Xcode generally... And Apple changes some of the requirements in the plist file and how Xcode interprets some of the internal’s that are generated by Appery apps ...

New versions of Xcode and using them to compile apps at some point becomes a mandatory swap ( Apple mandated ) And that’s when things break...

Last year ..... things broke ( at startup Apppery apps compiled with the newest version of xCode would not run the ‘ondeviceready’ event) ... and a number of new things became mandatory in the Plist ... creating a number of inconveniences to developers to have to Manually change entries in the Plist Prior to submission.

My perspective.

Best,
Bruce

Return to “Issues”