Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Gents,

Since I was the first to predict an issue - I guess I get to be the first to post the first 'serious' issue when trying to compile an Appery project with the new , about to be mandated xCode 9.0 *(since I use a service for my MAC - and have to compile in xCode because of the advanced nature of my app)

Here's the screen print of the issue:

Can you please tell me - how to resolve??

Best,

Bruce

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Appery Team,

I've fixed my issue. Notably - anyone that tries to compile in xCode 9 will have the same (3) issues (see below for the 2nd and 3rd issues) as I did.

1. To fix the Compile issue noted above - Simply move the BORDER of the image above in xCode 1 or two pixels to the left and then move it back to the right to it's original spot. This records this 'sizing' as the size of your UI controller - and saves the sizes to the config file - used during compile by xCode.

2. After compiling - like above - you'll want to load your .ipa to the Apple store. The store will complain - that you do NOT have a 'marketing image' and won't let you submit to BETA or for publication. That may be OK for you if you are just testing.

If you want to distribute to any BETA testers or submit for review - you must do as shown below - I've typed notes on the screen on where and what to load - you'll see where to load the icon to the far LEFT on the image (xCAssets, etc.) and in the breadcrumbs area at the top of the screen ( Resources Images.xcassets AppIcon )

3. There are a whole HOST of new images that are used by IOS 11 - where their store, the UI's and the watch will NOT show your ICONS / Images properly unless you supply them. This is obviously OPTIONAL - and not required - however, I believe users will have a 'lessened' experience with your app, view it as somewhat less than 'professional' - if you don't supply them.

Highly suggest that if you distribute your App to an IOS 11 device (anyone running it) ) that you load all the missing images in xCode prior to distribution (Once you have a build you are going to submit for review - take the time, export it to xCode, and fill out the missing images that you will find under xcAssets category - under resources)

I assume ALL of these things are on the Appery developers plate for IOS 11 - can someone from APPERY please confirm that my list is a subset of their list - and that APPERY DEV has all of the things I have mentioned here - in their queue ?????

Best,

Bruce

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Thanks, Bruce,

Our developers are aware of this and it is what they are working on right now targeting at making both app version types work: older and newer ones.
Anyway, this is a valuable piece of information.

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hi Galyna,

Thanks much for the update ! Appreciate your help here. Any more information on timing of the release that has these issues and others I’m sure ... addressed?

Thanks in advance !
Bruce

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Galyna - Any update? Here's why - any IOS compiled Appery project under IOS version 11 - all of the push notifications break.

The pushnotification device ID is not present, the device running the application does not register the device into the Appery Devices table - and - then the Application or Server code or the Push notification Appery front end (on your Applications settings page) will not work. Please advise ASAP.

Have clients with apps that we are developing, that need to run under IOS 11 - and cannot until this is fixed.

This is probably the most major deficiency to date. Can you please confirm that the team is aware of this specific issue??

Best,

Bruce

Jamo

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hi - also adding my voice. I remember that that iOS10 support became available in the January 29th update and so would like some indication of time-line please.

Thanks,
Greg
enkr8ia.com

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Dear all,

At the moment, our team is actively working on it investigating some relating issues but, at the moment, we cannot provide you with any time frames or other details, unfortunately. But I am sure that this will happen very soon. Please stay tuned to this thread.

Illya Stepanov

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Hi Bruce -- our QA team tested push notifications with our Ionic app build (libraries version 1.3) running on iOS 11.0.1 - based on their report the device was registered in the DB and push message was sent and received on the device.

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

Jquery?

Bruce Stuart

IOS 11 is coming right ?

And it has to be a project built on xCode 9 right ?? That’s where the new wrinkles are ... not compiled through Apppery ....

Return to “Issues”