Jeffry Reed

After latest update of appery on Jan 29th 2017, unable to generate the ipa build. We tried undo the source code, still t

Hello,

following along... I am displaying an alert on push initialization and it is working fine. I can also confirm that the device is registering and i can send notifications on Android.

Chris6743166

After latest update of appery on Jan 29th 2017, unable to generate the ipa build. We tried undo the source code, still t

Hi Evgene,

Any chance of a follow up with this? I've recreated the app (using a plugin I'd saved earlier) and upgraded to Library 4.0 and updated the cordova plugins.

I'm able to build but the Push Initialization event isn't firing. I have made no changes to the app's source whatsoever.

This problem affects both iOS and Android.

I've shared the app with support:
43a51376-6322-4568-9e93-aa8e67fb4236

Thanks,

Chris

Chris6743166

Update: the push initialization problem has resolved itself (unless it was something done at your end). I reverted the app to the old library and then back to the new; I also deleted and recreated the push initialization event. Whatever happened, it has fixed the problem.

Chris6743166

I replied too soon. It seems that while the push initialization event is now firing in iOS, it's not doing so for Android.

Any chance of some support with this issue? Thanks!

Illya Stepanov

Hi Chris - which version you have set for Cordova Push plugin for your build?
Please see this section here, hopefully it would help: https://docs.appery.io/docs/pushnotif...

Chris6743166

Hi Illya,

I have PushPlugin 1.8.4 activated with SENDER_ID set under the plugin options to have no value, as previously mentioned by Evgene and as indicated on the Appery docs page you refer to.

By the way, the Appery docs page states that SENDER_ID is only required for iOS, however, I get a Build Error when trying to build for Android without SENDER_ID set. You might want to correct the Appery docs page to say that SENDER_ID is required for both iOS and Android.

Still no push initialization event happening for Android builds. :-(

Chris6743166

Hi Illya,

I've added the Google API sender id to the plugin options as stated on the revised Appery docs page, but I'm still not seeing the push initialization event with the Android build. Would very much appreciate it if this was investigated by support. Thanks.

Chris6743166

Update: appears that the deviceready event isn't firing in my Android builds either!

Chris6743166

I see that the hot fix maintenance has fixed this problem. Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Return to “Issues”