SteveLacy

element.hide(); no longer working

I'm mapping a value back from a web service to the visibility element on an image. Originally I had values returned of "false" that didn't have an impact on the display. A few weeks (months?) ago I saw a post to add the following javascript to the returned value:

if (value == 'false'){
element.hide();
}

When implemented several weeks ago in another area on this project, it worked great. Now that I'm using this same approach on another area, it no longer works.

The javascript executes when triggered and rather than hide the element, it changes the image element to "display: block". I had tried the following:

if (value == 'false'){
Tiggzi('img_archive').css('display', 'none');
}

But this didn't do anything. Something changed recently in Tiggzi's ability to hide elements. Let me know how to correct the problem.

maxkatz

code
if (value == 'false'){
element.hide();
}
/code

what is the type of 'element' component"

SteveLacy

it's an image.

Ted L

I had the same problem. One of the girls told me to try this and it works fine now.

Tiggzi('mobileimage_2').css('margin', 'auto');
Tiggzi('mobileimage_2').css('display', 'block');

Ted L

sorry... I meant this:

Tiggzi("panel_8").hide();

I see I'm probably not helping, the other code was for a centering problem I was having.

maxkatz

If value is an image, then it will return the image URL in mapping (or empty if image is not there). But, it shouldn't be equal to 'false'.

SteveLacy

I guess I misunderstood the question. The web service returns the URL for the image (that works fine). The web service also returns whether or not the image should be displayed (returning either "true" or "false") that is mapped to the component's "visible" attribute. I also added the javascript (since the "false" on the visibility didn't work). I've attached a screen shot below. Thanks for your help.

SteveLacy

Ted,

Thanks for the info. But that didn't work either (it just changes the display type of the image to "block").

Max - I guess I misunderstood your question. The web service returns the URL for the image (that works fine). The web service also returns whether or not the image should be displayed (returning either "true" or "false") that is mapped to the component's "visible" attribute. I also added the javascript (since the "false" on the visibility didn't work). I've attached a screen shot below. Thanks for your help.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Steve,

To make component invisible you can for "Visible" property in mapping use JavaScript code that will return "false" or "hidden" string.

SteveLacy

Yeah that's what I was doing... I was using....

if (value == 'false'){
element.hide();
}

But that javascript would only change the display type of the component from inline to block (it doesn't hide anymore). A few weeks ago it worked, but not anymore. I had also applied this same approach with hiding a button in the same app. I haven't changed the code, but it no longer works for the button either.

Help me understand how to make the image invisible.

Return to “Issues”