Image from database not showing

This forum contains topics that were moved from Get Satisfaction
EJLD

Post by EJLD »

Hi Yurii,

yes, not easy :)

my app in on share with support. you can try it.

this img shows up well on Android but not on iOS.
you might hv to try on both.

steps:
0/ you shall be requested to enter a appNum : enter "10" (ten)
1/ on startScreen, press FindoutMore button
2/ press top banknote (brazil),
3/ press "overall" or "economy" buttons
4/ on load, texts are called from the DB and imgs from the MediaManager.

looking forward to reading you soon,
Best,
Eric

Illya Stepanov

Post by Illya Stepanov »

Hi Eric -

Please remind us the name of your app.

EJLD

Post by EJLD »

sorry ... o2o4pw

thk you

Illya Stepanov

Post by Illya Stepanov »

Thanks, Eric! One more clarification, you are testing this as binary exported app on the device or as opened web app in the device browser?

EJLD

Post by EJLD »

bot binary in .apk and .ipa . thks for your time

Kateryna Grynko

Post by Kateryna Grynko »

Hi Eric,

I could not build file, please rename this file (case sensitive, replace capital letter):
/o2o4pw/assets/www/files/views/assets/image/Binder1.jpg:

Kateryna Grynko

Post by Kateryna Grynko »

Hi Eric,

We use forced by yui-compressor plugin minification for JS and CSS (Release builds). You need to use correct JS and CSS syntax for yui-compressor plugin. You can check compressing on http://refresh-sf.com/yui/ or any other external yui-compressor resources.

There is an invalid file PicDB100_Cropper_Sub.js so please fix the issues. Then we can test your app.

EJLD

Post by EJLD »

Hi There,

basically, I don't need the Release build at this stage. so, it shall not be a problem for the Cropper_Sub.js.

just to let you know that the cropper code was advised by Appery as I was looking for a cropper. I purchased that code then at that time it was not a problem to have it built in binary file, I could build even under Release parameter. but when you guys integrated the yui-compressor few months ago, I was requested to change. I bypassed without checking the Release parameter since I am just doing a prototype app that doesn't need to be under Release mode at that stage. however, what will come next ... ? what is your plan for future upgrades? when could we have confidence in what we code ?

as for the Binder1.jpg case sensitive, even after changing the file name to binder1.jpg still the builder ends up with an error msg on Binder1.jpg being case sensitive.

I don't know what's going on your side but it gives me a lot of headache going back and forth the old builder to/from the new builder. what's the goal of that new builder ... making your clients frustrated with Appery's service ?

my time is as precious as yours.

EJLD

Post by EJLD »

what's going on with this upgraded builder, I cannot event build the binary file any longer ?

EJLD

Post by EJLD »

it keeps giving an error due to Binder1.jpg which has been already changed for 4 building trials. may I ask you what your advice is ?