Illya Stepanov

UPDATE some columns (ie PATCH)

Hi Steve -

Thank you for reporting this, we have sent this to our development team for further investigation.

leven.steve

Any update on this please Illya ?

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello Steve,

This issue is being actively worked on at the moment and we will give you an update as soon as the issue is resolved.

leven.steve

Hi - 29 days have passed and I still cannot update 1 column by passing in the _id of the row and that one column value.
Can I PLEASE have an answer.
I cannot proceed with any development if I cannot make updates to the database when values are changed in the app.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steve,

We have pinged our developers, hope the update will be soon.

leven.steve

Please keep pinging. I'm hoping they will reply very quickly seeing as they have not been able to respond in the last 29 days....
I am totally stuck now Evgene unless I can make this work.

Likewise with the date to/from the database issue that you responded to

leven.steve

This topic is marked as "Answered" - it isn't - please can you un-mark it?
I cannot do anything with this app - like deploy it so the customer can use it - unless you can tell me/make work the ability to update one column of a DB row by specifying the _id of the row and the new column value.

The only way to do it now is to read the entire row into a variable, assign the new value and then update the row. (Which also means that with your reduced API call limit for new/upgrading users there will be double the amount of calls to do one very simple task)

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Steven,

Sorry for the radio silence here. Unfortunately our development team is still working on your issue, we have pinged them again and I hope we'll get back to you with the solution soon.

leven.steve

Hi can I please have some news on this. I now need to update various collections with small, one-column changes and I do not want to have to read each row, assign every column to new object, change one value and then write the whole lot back.
For a mobile app this will be too slow.

leven.steve

News please?

Return to “Issues”