SteveLacy

app not available on all Android devices

I've published an app recently in the Google Play store. The app is available on over 1,500 apps, but it's not available on 2 devices my customer requires (Nexus 7 and Hauwei Prism).

How do you control what devices the Tiggzi app will operate on? Can I update my app to work on the Nexus 7?

Thanks,

Steve

SteveLacy

FYI. The listed devices are running versions of Android that I targeted for the app.

maxkatz

When you build an app in Tiggzi, it sets up all Android permissions on by default. It's possible these devices need some of the permissions turned off. We will be releasing a permission editor end of January. Right now you would need to export the app and modify the permissions then.

Gavin Reynolds

Any update on this?

I have unchecked all permissions under Project App Settings Android permissions but there are excessive permissions included in the final apk build. I am missing out on about 50% of devices because of this (including my own, which I used to test the application on!)

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Gavin,

If you uncheck all Android permissions in app then standard permissions will be applied. This is a bug, will be fixed.

What is the problem with Android? Are apps not installed on device or not run?

Alex GG

Hi katya,
I recently submit my app to Android market. Users with sony, samsung, LG, are able to install it on their smartphones. But I was informed by two users with Huawei, and Alcatel phones that the app is not available on the store.

This post is for about a year, should I follow your procedure?
"If you uncheck all Android permissions in app then standard permissions will be applied. This is a bug, will be fixed. "

Or what should I do to fix this? take a look at this ss, its suppouse that all models of huawei are available.

And last question, if I have to uncheck all android permisions, should I upload a new apk to the store?

Regards Image

Alex GG

UPDATE: I found some post on stackoverflow reporting the same, like this one:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/54...

Should I modify the AndroidManifest file to make it available to other most smarphones?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

[quote:]This post is for about a year, should I follow your procedure?[/quote] no, this bug is fixed already
[quote:]And last question, if I have to uncheck all android permisions, should I upload a new apk to the store? [/quote] if you want changes you made to be applied to the app on Google store, you need to build .apk file again and update app version on market
[quote:]Should I modify the AndroidManifest file to make it available to other most smarphones?[/quote] yes, if follow stackoverflow post, but I am not sure if this helps...

Please try and let us know result. Also do you know what are Android versions on Huawei and Alcatel devices?

Alex GG

Android versions 4.2.2.

I really dont know what to do in the AndroidManifest, I guess it has something to do with the permissions, but what is your suggestion?

Please, help me, If I dont resolve this issue I ́ll lose customers.

Regards

Alex GG

Any help here? I really need to solve this issue ASAP,,,I need to submit the app to the stores today.

Regards

Return to “Issues”