Guang Zhao

how to use onesignal plugin push notificacions

Hi, Tiago.
How can I include Onesignal plugin in config.xml.
I imported OneSignal in Resources and did it enable in app settings.
I coded like your picture.
But when i saw config.xml file, there is no information for onesignal plugin.
Please explain me.
Thank you.
Regards.

Z. Rohan

Hi Guang,

Yes the onesignal plugin should be there. It's not in the cordova config.xml, but when you export from Appery, it should be in the app_name/cordova/plugins and also in the fetch.json and ios.json or android.json files.

I still couldn't get the OneSignal to work, so I am going to try Firebase. I think the issue is that Appery is using an older version of Cordova. If you try an older version of firebase plugin to go with older cordova it might work. Did you try that yet?

thank u.

Guang Zhao

Hi Z.
I can't get an older version of Cordova.
if you know how to get, please tell me.
Thank you.

Z. Rohan

Hi Guang, no I mean older version of firebase plugin. On github, look at firebase plugin to see what version of cordova it needs. If it only works on new cordova, then you have to get older version of the plugin.

For example, Appery uses Cordova 4.3 for ios, so you have to find firebase plugin that will work with that version.

Sajan Monga

Someone please explain how to import OneSignal Push Notifications in Ionic Appery project. On click of Import Cordova Plugin, pop up is opened and asking for Repository URL and Repository branch. Please suggest. I am fresher to Appery.io

Sajan Monga

Hi Tiago,

I have done integration of onesignal with app in the same way as you mentioned. but its not working. getting error "Cannot read property 'OneSignal' of undefined" in browser. To verify on device added alerts.

alert("start");

window.plugins.OneSignal.startInit("App_ID").endInit();
alert("end");

but "end" alert isn't shown. So i think there is error in onesignal.

As per my understanding, it may be happening because of versions mismatch.

OneSignal : 2.2.2
Ionic : 1.2.4
Angular : 1.4.3

Please help.

I am new to Appery .

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello,

All Cordova plugins work only on the real devices on installed applications from the ipa or apk files, but they don't work in the browser test preview.

Jeffry Reed

Right. You could check if isDevice and run code appropriately. -Jeff

SteveLacy

Tiago - I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get the OneSignal plugin working. I followed the instructions you provided in this post below, but no lock. I have a similar result where the plugin never finishes loading. I saw you used the 2.0.11 OneSignal version, so I installed that version as well. No luck. I have enabled the PushPlugin and the OneSignal plugin.

My app won't get past the OneSignal plugin load. I would really like to get this working. Perhaps there's a configuration conflict somewhere? I'm using the Appery 4.1 libraries version. I've tried multiple options with PushPlugin enabled and disabled, with the Notification (Cordova Notification Plugin) enabled and disabled. Nothing has worked.

Would you mind posting your Appery library version, and any disabled Cordova plugins?

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

SteveLacy

I have the same issue as others regarding loading the OneSignal cordova plugin. The plugin fails to initialize when it's called per the OneSignal instructions. The app just hangs there.

Since I wasn't successful here with OneSignal, I pursued the Firebase option and found there's no way to load the required .json file necessary to load the Firebase plugin. So dead end there too.

I'm now back on trying to get the OneSignal plugin to load properly. I've loading the project in Android Studio in order to do debugging, but the Appery Export won't load properly in the current version of Android Studio.

I was able to load my Appery project in xCode, but there's no output from Xcode showing the issue as I run the Xcode simulator. The app just hangs as it tries to load the OneSignal plugin.

I've contacted OneSignal and they aren't familiar with Appery.io, so they aren't able to help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to “Issues”