SteveLacy

You should upgrade to Apache Cordova 3.5.1 or higher as soon as possible

I just got an email from the Google Play store saying several of my apps are built on a version of Apache Cordova that contains security vulnerabilities. These apps were developed with Appery.io.

Their instructions are "You should upgrade to Apache Cordova 3.5.1 or higher as soon as possible. For more information about the vulnerabilities, and for guidance on upgrading Apache Cordova, please see http://cordova.apache.org/announcemen...."

I see that even the newly released version of Appery.io is only at 3.3.0.

The announcement goes on to say "Please note, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered “dangerous products” and subject to removal from Google Play."

Is there a plan in place for this issue?

Thanks,

Steve

Marcel LeBrun

I also received this email. It seems Google Play may remove any app that does not upgrade to 3.5.1. Since the app is built on appery.io, what is the process to upgrade and address the security vulnerability?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello!

We'll add Cordova 3.6 in mini-release which should be about in week or two.

Hnto7127371

Evgene,

In the old and new builder? Or just in the new builder?

Off topic:
When will the old builder be deleted? Is there a specific date?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hnto,

We are going to support old builder for now, not sure if updated version will support old builder. I sent this question to our development team and will get back with the accurate information when have update from them.

Maurice

Hi Evgene
I have also just got this email from Google. It says I "should upgrade to Apache Cordova 3.5.1 or higher as soon as possible."
I went onto Appery and I have upgraded my app to the new builder, but how do I now upgrade Apache? Please get back soon as Google is threatening to remove my app as the above users have said.
Many thanks

Return to “Issues”