jasonbond619

How to import an audio file into my app

When you click on the ap and it opens im have just a picture and an audio file playing in a loop the sound auto starts i just need to find out how to add the audio file to the app.

maxkatz

You can use the Audio component (HTML5 audio tag).

jasonbond619

ive been trying to use that how do i put it on the app while using that?

maxkatz

Drag and drop the component into the screen. Then set the audio src links and type:

src: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorial...
MIME Type: audio/mpeg

src: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorial...
MIME Type: audio/ogg

Sample app: http://tiggzi.com/preview/28860/

Hope this helps..

SteveWall-Smith

So I can only play audio and video that are hosted elsewhere on the net? Users of this app won't be able to download podcast audio and play it when they are not connected?

maxkatz

Well, you can still download if you link to them. There is just no option to include the actual file in the app. The app will become pretty large if you try to include audio/video files inside.

SteveWall-Smith

Fair enough. How do I code so that once the app is open, I can download and play from the device's storage, the way I would an audiobook? I'm assuming that right now, it just streams from the src. Correct?

maxkatz

You can try using page load event and open a link to the file.

hotmatrixx

Hello, there.

I am a complete Newbe here. I am off to bed for now, but I will ask this and leave it with the community in the hopes I might have an answer when I get up in the morning.

I have the same issue, in that I NEED to embed audio into the app. I can see a number of useful applications for this, so that it can natively play sound whilst offline. For eg, play a click sound on button pressed to confirm it was clicked, background music whilst reading / playing / etc - regardless of the size of the app, we have this thing called high speed internet these days, and some apps I have seen are over 100mb. but our devices today have 1000's mb (like, 64,000mb) of storage, so 'big' apps aren't so much of a problem? Can't the purchaser decide whether the file is 'too big'?

I need people to be able to choose a sound file they wish to hear, then click it so that it will play while they are reading. I need it to be offline.

Has this functionality been added to it yet, please? If not, I hope that it can be implemented? I need to find some way of making this happen somehow?

Please help, as this is the whole point of the app I want to build, and thus my reason for signing up.
thank you,

CB

Kateryna Grynko

Hello,

It's something we consider to be added in Tiggzi in future.
For now, you can export your app to Eclipse or xCode and add audio files to project resources manually.

Return to “Issues”