Illya Stepanov

Ionic version 3 App builder

We would like to let you know that Ionic 3 is really close and ready for a public beta release. It will only take our final tests to complete and in early September we will make a release.
Thank you all for your interest and we really hope you will like it.

P.S. and our next step is to begin chasing the 4th version :)

Andy Parker

Great news Illya, looking forward to this.

Will there be an opportunity to upgrade apps written in the current Appery Ionic environment or will it be for new apps only?

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Andy,

You will not be able to upgrade to Ionic 3 from the lower version, unfortunately. You will have to create it from scratch. (

T. Kr

Great to hear that the long-awaited Ionic 3 is really close for a public beta release.

I want to upgrade our app to Ionic 3, but as described by Galyna it is only possible to create it from scratch, which means another project. Since i am using the Basic plan (grandfathered after latest pricing changes in 2016) there is only 1 project included in my plan.

Can you think about allowing an extra project for testing during the public beta? the goal is simple, we want to upgrade (rewrite) the app to Ionic 3 and the old (Ionic 1) can be removed once everything works. Thanks in advance!

Otherwise I would have to delete the existing app without a way back. I assume that the versions will also be removed when removing the app.

Len Morales

When will the release be for Ionic 3 apps? I'm just getting ready to start a new project.

Len Morales

I'm just getting ready to start a new project using your frameworks. Do you have a specific date for the release of ionic 3 app? Literally just getting ready to have the developer start the CSS for the initial screens. I'm happy to hear this, however, I will want to wait as I'm a little hesitant to continue with version 1.2.4. Thanks in advance.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello,

I am afraid we cannot offer you such an option at the moment but you can securely make a backup of your current app to be able to recover from it if needed.

And yes - if your plan allowed for creating a new brand app for testing, you would naturally be able to test the new features.

T. Kr

Being able to make a backup would be the solution so that I can restore the working app in the worst-case scenario. However, the back-up button is disabled in my plan.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello,

We are planning to release the Ionic 3 beta version this weekend.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

I am really sorry about this but you are on a very old grandfathered plan now which does not allow for making backups.
I am afraid we cannot help you here. Only upgrading could resolve this issue but please be aware that you will lose your grandfathering if you decide to upgrade as any changes in the subscription are leading to losing grandfathering of old options and prices.

Return to “Issues”