maxkatz

Changes not shown when testing in browser [Fixed]

Some users might experience a problem where changes made in the app builder are not shown when testing the app in the browser. We are aware of this problem and are working right now to fix it. We will update as soon as we have more information.

maxkatz

We are still working on fixing the caching issue but there is a simple workaround. Remove the frame when testing and refresh the page. You should see all the latest changes.

Jon Haider

I tried removing the frame and refreshing, still doesn't reflect the most recent changes.

The easiest work-around that I have found, Max, is to open a new "incognito" or "private" browser session to test. Every time you make changes, close the "incognito" window, reopen it, and go to the test link (I bookmarked it) in Chrome.

This is not ideal, but it's the fastest way to reload the project from scratch in browser after any changes...
Works perfectly!

Josiah South

You can open the devtools and tick the "disable cache" option in the network tab (Chrome).
If you accidentally have caching disabled on the app-builder page though you will experience... Well lots of bad things. Basically the entire interface just breaks down and it tells you it saves everything everything but actually saves nothing.

It's worth noting that this isn't really an Appery specific problem.. This is the intended behavior of modern web browsers and we are given options to disable caching for that reason.

Nico Name

Big problem /
My app does not take in account my changes in my CSS.

For example I have change the background in my CSS, no update.
I have also test by deleting the CSS code, no update.

This is not good for I cannot go ahead.

I have test after clearing cache on Chrome.
Also test on Appery mobile app : Same issue

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Nico,

Have you tried to test opening it on Preview without frame or in incognito mode?
Also could you clarify have you changed anything on Source tab? This (http://devcenter.appery.io/tutorials/...) doc should help.

Nico Name

ok I check all of that and keep you in touch.

Nico Name

Ok, what I have simply done for the moment, is to delete my CSS file.
I try again some new CSS.

Nico Name

it's ok now. I have created again entirely my CSS file. Thx

sebastian

When is this issue going to be fixed? It seems like I can't even build in my app properly because my basic list function isn't working on any device I tried but the test on the rest service works.

Return to “Issues”