maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

Please read about our upcoming pricing changes: https://blog.appery.io/2016/08/upcomi....

Jamo

Upcoming New Pricing

Hi Max. API call thresholds have changed significantly with the new pricing. For example Pro was 5 million API's per month and now is only 50,000. Can you clarify why this change and confirm whether grandfathering also covers existing plan metrics as well as pricing.

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

Hi Max,

I am also very concerned about the new limit for the API calls. I am in one of the grandfathered plans and certainly I won't be able to afford to keep one of my apps alive with the new pricing structure. At the current $0.0020/API call for overage, that's $2000 for 1M calls, which today are included.

One of my apps stores a large db that requires regular updates which will need about $2000 per update. As you know most apps make little money and this is not making any money yet, so I am afraid I will have to just stop developing this app through Appery distribute it via a different database provider after spending months on it. Very frustrating that the price goes up and the API limit drops so dramatically.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

I would also like to add the the Amazon prices for API calls are also extremely low, making this new pricing structure very uncompetitive. Please tell me if I am reading this the wrong way.
This is from Amazon https://aws.amazon.com/api-gateway/pr...

API Calls
$3.50 per million API calls received, plus the cost of data transfer out, in gigabytes.

Data Transfer Costs
If you use Amazon API Gateway, you will be charged for API calls and out-to-Internet data transfer as described below.
Amazon API Gateway Data-Transfer-Out Rates

$0.09/GB for the first 10 TB

Clement Yew

Upcoming New Pricing

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this.
It's a double whammy.
Increase of prices and drastic reduction in quotas.

I don't think apps can sustain itself looking at these charges. Most apps don't make much if any money. Add that to the pitiful quota (50k api calls, 2Gb storage)..... Really????

And there was a recent price increase on November. What's the justification?

Isn't MBAAS aim is to reduce adoption cost as users increase?

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

We understand the concerns and appreciate the feedback. All existing plans are grandfathered and will not be affected by the pricing change. If your app continues to grow but you are still not up to the Enterprise plan, we will work with you on a custom plan that works for you.

We look at APIs a bit differently than other services out there. There is a lot of value-add behind an API call to our platform. For example, you get access to API Express service flow. It allows you to integrate with external systems and build advance service flows. Server Code integrates nicely with the database and Push Notification. You can quickly query the database, then send a Push Notification based on query result. There is a lot of integration that you get out-of-the-box. That's a big value-add. Amazon API calls are cheap, it would be impossible for us to compete with them on price. In fact, I don't think anyone can do that today.

I hope this helps.

Joe7349603

Upcoming New Pricing

Does the "Grandfathering" only apply to those who have signed up for the 12 months only..I do month/month and wondering if the new pricing will affect people like myself as well.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

Grandfathering applies to monthly and annual subscriptions.

Joe7349603

Upcoming New Pricing

Great! While I have your attention, I am eagerly waiting for APIExpress support for binary files support.Any ETA for this functionality - when in Sep?

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

Binary support in API Express is coming in late September. I don't have an exact date yet.

Return to “Issues”