Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

Hi Max, I agree that API calls may reflect app usage and thus value. However, I have recently had a large number of API calls (nearly 500,000) to load a large number of rows into the database. The app is still in development and has no usage. Is there any way that such usages can be excluded from the count? For example Amazon only charges for data out, not data in.

With the current pricing I have no choice to shut down this app and look for alternatives because the charges are just unreasonably high. I have recently recommended Appery to a friend who was asking for advice on platforms for app development, but with these changes I lost trust in Appery as a platform that I can rely on in the long term (more price surges of this kind in 6 months) and will definitively look into other options, especially for database storage.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

The app is still in development and has no usage. Is there any way that such usages can be excluded from the count?
We don't have this feature yet, but it's something we would like to make available where you can have "development" and "production" environments.

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

In my case I am using a Java program that runs on my machine to send curl POST/PUT requests to the database - this is driving most of the usage to upload/update this database. I would really appreciate if such usage was excluded towards the limit (or maintained at the current limit)

Jamo

Upcoming New Pricing

Max - can you confirm how API calls will be counted. The announcement stated: "We have also simplified and consolidated the platform API calls. There is now a single count for all platform API calls which includes: Database, Server Code, Push Notifications and API Express". With your example above of a server call that queries a db and sends a PUSH notification - is that counted as 1 API call?

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

There is now a single limit for all API calls. But, it would be counted as three: Server Code script, database access and Push Notification.

neuronhighway9522

Upcoming New Pricing

I am also wondering if we go from month to month to yearly will we now have these price increases?

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

As long as you change your plan before August 30 - you will be grandfathered with the plan you have then.

Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

I was disappointed with the new pricing plans as well.

i just joined appery this month on a subscription and the prices have increased. Before making any money via the app, the prices are going up. I am sure there are other developers like me who are disappointed.

the starter plan is "90 $" which is way too much. What if you only have 1 app and dont use that much. I think there should be fair plans for everyone .

I hope this is taken into consideration.

neuronhighway9522

Upcoming New Pricing

That means we would have 13 days to pay you over a thousand bucks... okay then.

neuronhighway9522

Upcoming New Pricing

Good to know.

Return to “Issues”