Howard Chang

Upcoming New Pricing

This upcoming change on API call definitely a deal breaker!! The API calls drops at least 100 times comparing plans side by side and your platform just increased the price on Nov. Really? 200K vs 5 millions calls for a Pro Plan?

We budgeted on your existing pricing and project user grow and your price change on a reasonable rate before we started on development. We then spent months in development after making the decision and now we are forced to change everything or even abandon this platform cause we know we can't afford to scale when user grow with this pricing structure. It kills us before we can grow and I believe it's the same for many startup or small biz trying to use Appery.

At the beginning, we look at Appery as a great platform to help quickly bring product to the market at competitive pricing and grow with the users. Appery makes money when the app makes money but apparently this is not the case.

Please ask your sales and developer on what the pathetic API calls quotas can be done while everything is counted (Database, Server Code, Push Notifications and API Express)? To support 100200 active users on a monthly basic on pro plan and 300500 users on a team plan? How can we grow before we can profit? At the end, if Appery users are not profitable how can Appery survive?

Please consider users feedback while making drastic changes like this. Really frustrated.

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

Absolutely agree especially considered that actual cost to Appery per API call is a tiny tiny fraction of what is planned to be charged. If the goal is to charge based on app value, API calls are not a good metric. Indeed my only profitable app is an app that works 100% offline and needs zero storage and zero API calls on the Appery database. I do like Appery I have no problem with the annual price increase, indeed I am happy to support Appery. But the new limits make no sense.

Clement Yew

Upcoming New Pricing

But to reduce from 5 Million api calls to 50k api calls? That's a reduction of 100 times.

If you value the API Express so much, you might as well treat that as a special API call and remain the 5 million quotas for the rest (Database, server code)?
Because that feature has been available since the last few price increases.

I really don't get the justification....

50k Api calls, come on.......Even during development stage we would have used up half of it.

Clement Yew

Upcoming New Pricing

Basically, Appery, what you're telling us is to hand you a couple thousand bucks now and stop complaining.

But what you don't get is the absurd quotas and price increase. And the justification for this drastic reduction is just too weak (Because of API Express).

You even lower the App quotas (From 7 to 3). What's the justification for that now?
I remembered when I first subscribed to the standard plan, it was USD30. Now, the starter plan is USD90.

I got 1 million api calls for USD30, now I get 50k? I don't even use API Express in my application.

Although you give us grandfathered plans, but it will stop us from expanding in the future. Just look at the number of complaints here.

Right now, I'm just frustrated....and worried. I will now think twice before investing months learning/developing on a platform which will increase it's pricess and reduce quotas every few months or so.

Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

I agree with it

I think appery should reconsider/review the new plans before implementing..looking to so much concerns

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

I am also worried about grandfathered plans being automatically denied the grandfathered status upon credit card rejection when billing renews.

Credit cards gets denied all the time and this an arbitrarily unfair way to phase people out of the old plan without giving any chance to rectify the billing information.

It really feels that Appery has turned its back, good thing I could find plenty of other mobile development apps to which I am going to transition ASAP.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

If you are not able to charge your credit card, there is a 3 day grace period. We also send out 3 emails telling you that we couldn't charge your card. We understand life happens, if you contact us a day or two after the grace period, we can move you back to your original plan.

Clement Yew

Upcoming New Pricing

Are there any updates on the questions we asked?
What's the justification for the decrease in quotas?

Let's compare the current pro plan (USD85) and the new pro plan (USD90) :

pre
Current New

API Calls 1 million 50k

Apps 7 3

Storage 5GB 2GB

Price USD85 USD90
/pre

Your justification was API Express. But from 1 million API calls to 50k?
What about number of apps and storage?
5GB is already little as it is.

leven.steve

Upcoming New Pricing

I agree with the above posts. You need to make the API call limit higher.
And also I wouldn't want the number of apps to drop to 3 from 7.

You should grandfather whatever we have now and apply changes to your new sign-ups, in my opinion.

And my other gripe is that the new documentation could be vastly improved. I would have no problem paying more if I saw more features added that help with the development (Max - please review my long list I sent you months ago) and the documentation improved, especially with more examples/samples, but like the other posts here, API Express is of no use to me right now and I'm on the verge of deploying a live system and 50k calls is very likely to get exceeded.

In addition, I'm seeing a lot of support answers of this forum referring the user to the Angular documentation or jQuery site. Mostly that;s in response to "How do I..." type of questions. If you exampled your components as well as you have the backend services and as well as Angular do then we would be able to find the info we need quicker and your support load would reduce as well. Win-win for all.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

[quote:]
You should grandfather whatever we have now and apply changes to your new sign-ups, in my opinion.
[/quote]

That's exactly how it's going to work. What you have today will be grandfathered. The new plan will only be for new sign ups (or if you need to change your older plan).

Return to “Issues”