maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

In your opinion, what would be a fair price/# of API calls?

Howard Chang

Upcoming New Pricing

Appery,

One more thing need your clarification.

The existing plan: API call and push notification quota are separated
New plan: API calls and push notification quota are combined

On Pro Plan,

Existing plan: We get 5 million APIs and 5 millions push notification. Total 10 millions.
New plan: Users get 50K APIs and push notification monthly.

Is this correct?

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

Yes, that's correct.

Howard Chang

Upcoming New Pricing

Thanks for the confirmation. So it's 10 million to 50K drop on the quota but not 5 million to 50K drop on the Pro plan.

neuronhighway9522

Upcoming New Pricing

What would seem fair would be if you are staying inside the Appery bubble,, ie just making calls to the Appery database, those should be free /and or current limits and if necessary current limits should be retained when you call an outside API This is still going to be an issue for us since our users are calling YouTube sites at least twice a day. Push notifications should be done separately and the current amount sustained.

Others have mentioned there was a pretty significant price increase just a few months ago. Perhaps these new prices will keep many from even trying your platform and that will not stimulate growth for the company. To expect your loyal customers to foot the bill for the update which gives less and documentation that leaves much to be desired is probably not in anyone's best interest. Thank for letting us share our opinions.

Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

In my opinion, the new plans , if not better, it should at least match the existing plans.

the lowest plan is $90. that's huge. someone like me who started few months ago, i would not have learned appery if the starting plan was $90.

You need to have a plan for starter, for developers to learn and try 1-2 apps. I know you have trial plans, but 14 days is not enough to even learn 1% of the app development.

Thanks for looking into our concerns.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

Would 30-day trial be better? Would it make sense to have an app that you can build but not publish/build binary?

Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

30 day trial is good. but what about a starter plan ? i mean the lowest plan is 90$. I would think, this will discourage new developers to learn appery.io

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

It's something we considered and debated. It's good feedback, thank you. For existing users, the best approach is to sign up for a plan today (or before Aug. 30) and lock in the price.

What would be a fair price/limits for a starter plan?

Joe7349603

Upcoming New Pricing

I think 30 day is good and standard trial period but the price will definitely put off a lot of people. Most developers using Apperyio are mostly self-starters. I see no harm in having a "friendly" entry price point, chances are none of those Apps are commercial or ever make money in the real world, after they are ready to take the plunge in deeper waters, most people have no issues moving to other plans. Certainly that was my case and I believe many others.

Return to “Issues”