Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

I believe the existing plans are not bad for someone to think about for few months before going to $90 plan..

Sam8264500

Upcoming New Pricing

one more suggestion.

i think because of so much concerns regarding the new plans, it would be better if you can give one more month for the existing plans.

It would be better for both , appery team and the developers to think about the plans. This notice was too short considering its my first app, and i still havent used full potential of the appery architecture.

Thanks

Frank7390035

Upcoming New Pricing

Max, I implemented a workaround to the API limit by setting up an external managed mongo database. It's free now, then $15/month, but I like the peace of mind and not thinking that i might be charged $2000 one day - e.g. sudden surge in usage for a partially free app for example. So the fair price is really what it's in the best interest of Appery - generating profits.

And I personally would be concerned if Appery disappeared in one year because it's losing money as I would lose such a useful platform.

No one is going to set up an app and pay the overage charges for API calls that you have just set because they are ridiculously high compared to what any other company charges and to what they cost to maintain. This is like doing the Martin Shkrieli who raised the price of a 1$ off-patent pill to $2000. It just backfired.

So users either implement an external system or change their app logic or don't even consider signing up if they are new to the platform. There's nothing to gain for Appery doing this.

neuronhighway9522

Upcoming New Pricing

I agree, Im already talking to a designer and taking the grand we would spend this month to buy the year rate and make plans to move off the platform since it appears there is no budging to keep us as customers and the priority "support" of sending a vague link to the new "documentation" - and Im using that word loosely here since its very thin and riddled w typos.
For example
I just asked how to best access the Url for a sound file I added to the Database.. the answer is completely not helpful just a link to the documentation which does not explain what I asked. so another day goes by and I have to send another email. . so perhaps we spend our money to move off the platform as quick as we can knowing that our costs will not escalate and Ill just wireframe instead of appery. Bummer Appery I dont see how this will help you grow.

Clement Yew

Upcoming New Pricing

Hi Max,

In my opinion, if you want to increase the prices, you shouldn't change the quotas.

That table I provided was wrong, it's supposed to be 10million API calls vs 50k API calls (New plan). So, don't you see the problem here?

In my opinion, you could remain the 5 million API quota (universal), since this effectively reduce the API calls by 50% (10 million to 5 million).

Also, as a return, you could increase the DB storage and number of apps.
Why do you need to reduce DB storage and number of apps? FYI, we can't do much with only 5GB. You should increase the DB storage if you are going to charge USD90/month for the starter plan.

I don't get why you are punishing us and forcing us to find alternatives.
It just seems to me that you are looking towards short term gains. I want to remain with Appery and grow with it. But the new and future prices will be totally unfeasible for us to remain here.

EJLD

Upcoming New Pricing

if my understanding is correct, ( 10m - 50K ) x 0.002 = $20K a month. who can afford ?

leven.steve

Upcoming New Pricing

A fair proposal I think. You have sent out repeated emails and tweets about the latest update over the last few weeks but only given a few days notice to renew and lock in. My renewal is due anyway so in that respect I have no choice.

With regards to a starter plan, you had it almost right when I looked at it 18 months ago. The only problem I discovered was that the demo Pizza App had too many pages than allowed!

My suggestions for limits/sizes is as follows:
For newbies - have a 30 day trial, support via the forum only, no download/build/publish buy allow anyone to run the app for testing purposes (ie a developer's customer)

For paid subscriptions - have the API limits and maybe the database/app size quite high (like now) as building and testing the app will require a lot of load/save/test and potentially emptying the database and importing existing data. Then once it runs as a published app (HTML) or a built app for a device
then maybe reduce things.

However, if I have a 7 app limit on my Pro plan then I have to spread the limits across all apps and all users. One app I'm looking at would probably go on the Apple AppStore for free with minimal in-app purchase cost but will need to make considerable API/API Express calls so it could potentially cost more to run than income generated and there is a limit to how much you can charge.

One alternative would be for you to clearly and precisely document how we can download the entire app and either download the DB or export the database structure so it can be hosted on a platform of our choice. Then we can choose the most cost effective host or even host on our own servers if we have that capability.

Ted R

Upcoming New Pricing

Let's get back on topic here.
Bottom line. $90 a month for the lowest plan is way too much. $45 is about all I'd be willing to pay. And that would have to include the old quota structure.
And please don't keep talking about the whole "grandfather" thing. That doesn't make me feel any better. This creates a "gotta" type relationship where I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
For example, I need to hire a developer to help me with my app. After aug 31 if I add and/or remove that developer from my account then BOOM. New pricing plan.
So now what do I do. Struggle to finish my app myself(=lots of time) or get the help I need and end up getting bumped to the new pricing.
No thank you.
Please fix this fast or I'm jumping ship.

M&M

Upcoming New Pricing

Alright Max, then can we also have "multiples of Yurii" and move closer to Cordova 5.x??

Cheers,
M.M

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

We are planning to upgrade to Cordova 6.x in October/November.

Return to “Issues”