M&M

Upcoming New Pricing

Holy c*** .... that's good news though

M&M

Upcoming New Pricing

And Gradle's in too I guess?

M&M

Upcoming New Pricing

Holy shit - now I keep hearing about Appery increasing prices and lowering their costs (that means more clerks and less programmer)

It's the best way to go downhill. When I started on Appery, the cost and everything seemed just nice to get some work done. And now I gota sing

Coconut man, moon head, and pea
You ready?

Seems like everybody's got a price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first
And the truth comes second...

Howard Chang

Upcoming New Pricing

Hi Max,

I am assuming you are bringing our voice back to the Appery upper management team. Please quickly discuss with John, Dmitry, and Ken to come up with your official response to the existing users.

Again, this new price plan greatly impacted customer's bottom line in a short coming and gives no time for us to make changes. This is truly unfair. Your grandfather plan is NOT a remedy to most of us. You might be able to force some to lock in a higher plan temporary but you also putting a stop to new subscribers. We are so sure about this because like many of the others, we would NOT even consider Appery if we knew plan is like this at the beginning. Even for those temporary forced to lock in a higher plan, I am sure they lost the confident on Appery from this change and all thinking about the work around, plan B, or jump the ship. Who knows what will come next month?? I don't want to stay in a platform that has no future because of outrage changes like this.

My personal experience but I believe most of us went through similar process before we get hooked.

• We trail run on your platform

• We evaluated the functionality and thought it fits our needs.

• We studied your existing pricing for budgeting and fair estimate your projection on pricing changes base in the past.

• Consider and compared all the plans and their quota and limit

• Thought about how we will ramp up and upgrade to different plan when we grow.

• Then we decided to spend months to do development and dump the other platforms out there

It takes a lot from us to be hooked and make the decision to pick the right service and do development. All those efforts are going to be ruined.

I personally don't want Appery to fail cause I spent all the time, efforts, & money to learn your platforms and it's has all the front end and backend together for rapid development. We love the platform and want to help you to continually gain marketshare! The more ppl knows about Appery, the more talents we might be able to recruit one day but now I am very much afraid that you will shut down due to this absurd change on direction.

Most of us don't mind paying some extra if you are adding new common features that benefits customer and not reducing your existing limits and coverage. Actually, a fair way should be making your new features optional to users like some others suggested. I am sure you didn't get much complaints and feedback son your November price change last year [in fact you got Zero reply for the announcement back then], however, this time the changes on price and drastically reduce on quota just so unfair. I even consider this is like a bait and switch game but after looking at some of the response, looks like you are open to feedback so I didn't totally lost faith.

Their are many suggestion for how Appery should re-consider the new price and quotas on APIs, Push, Storage, App number, etc, but I will said that you need to at least keep what you have for whatever the new fair pricing will be. Thanks for listening to our opinions.

BTW, a 30 days trails is better. The best way is to have an app that we can build and test out but not publish/build binary until we ready for production.

Existing standard pricing and are good for starter as well.

Emmz

Upcoming New Pricing

Been a pro user since June 23, 2012.
I understand the increased pricing. I still believe Appery is good value for the money.
I'm only interested in jquery so there are many new Appery features I don't use.
In addition I don't use Apperys API's as we use our own server.
That said, a sudden price increase and substantial API quota changes may send a negative message to existing members.
I hope Appery continues to do well in the future.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

I believe so, but let me confirm that.

maxkatz

Upcoming New Pricing

I will absolutely pass this feedback to our team. Thank you for honest feedback.

EJLD

Upcoming New Pricing

same here, we hv become captive clients, and Appery is taking advantage of it. why not ... but it's definitely short term pricing strategy. grandfathering is a time-bomb. if not keeping existing pricing plans which everyone is okay with (except appery maybe ... but in that case maybe better to work on sales volume to increase revenues instead of price increase), once grandfathering over in a year time, the remaining folks like me will leave and Appery sink. so far, i invested 2 yrs of my spare time in the Appery builder ... what a return ! my personal view; developing app is new to me. without appery I wld hardly got started. that has been the perfect tool for me who knew about old time coding but nothing about JS, JQ, REST, ajax, server code, sendgrid, mobile API services, ... my true job is managing a company. I play with the captive-client string ... business-is-business. however, I would never play that string that far as you guys at appery are doing. the string (meaning the clients) will break soon, for sure ... and the nice appery tune will stop ... what a pity.

M&M

Upcoming New Pricing

haha EJLD, couldn't agree more! Had plans to sign up for one more account but that's on hold for now

Sergej Leginkov

Upcoming New Pricing

Agree with this. We planed to launch some bigger projects on appery but this changes makes me think of the future of appery. Such a behaviour demonstrates how dangerous it is to rely on such a service. I appery goes down, we all do. I start now looking for other alternatives.

Return to “Issues”