Dupdroid

Google Play Submission issues

I'm trying to publish an apk to the Google Play Store and have noticed some issues.

1: Changes to App settings Android binary does not reflect in the AndroidManifest.xml. I have changed the package name but the AndroidManifest.xml still reflects io.appery.project373901
2: The icon I uploaded displays correctly in the Play Store after publishing but when installing on device it displays the default Appery icon.
3: I keep getting a warning that Cordova libraries has security issues even though I have changed the app libraries to the latest v1.1
4: Android permissions changes does not reflect in AndroidManifest.xml as expected.

Please, can someone help shed light on these issues? It makes publishing very frustrating and lengthy.

Dupdroid

Are these known bugs without fixes? Appery seems to brag about how easy app store submission is, but with these kind of bugs, I don't see the same picture.

Dupdroid

Trying to delete the appery icon results in the following error:

Build error

Most likely build error cause:

/Vexo/res/drawable-hdpi/icon: Error: Duplicate resources: /Vexo/res/drawable-hdpi/icon:drawable-hdpi-v4/icon, /Vexo/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png:drawable-hdpi-v4/icon
:mergeReleaseResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

Please help

Dupdroid

I have tried the "Undo all source changes" as suggested but it does not work.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello,

Could you please clarify a few things:
Have you deleted all edited files on the Source tab (they are blue) before making Undo all source changes?
Have you unchecked all unused Cordova plugins as they also call for Android permissions?
Have you tried to test your app with your icons on a device before uploading it to the market?

Return to “Issues”