Adam Garbinski

APK not zip aligned

Hello,
I have exported my app from Appery builder as Android binary. I get ZIP file. Changed the extension from zip to apk and tried to upload to Google Play but I get the error message "apk not zip aligned". The release checkbox in Android binary is marked. My app is called "3MC" and is shared with Appery support. It is the 7-th build I push to Google play, and it its the first time I get this error. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Julian De La Rosa

APK not zip aligned

check the release checkbox in the android binary settings

Henry8064040

APK not zip aligned

Dude! Just had the same exact problem! If you are trying to export from Appery.io you DO NOT want a .zip. IT WILL SCREW YOUR LIFE. There are 2 buttons for Android export, the Android Studio thing - a .zip, which is the button you are no doubt pressing, and there is a SEPARATE button beside it for the actual .apk file.

Renaming a .zip can change it to a .apk, yes, but the file directory is not zipaligned, which will screw up Google Play. This is what the actual .apk export button is for.

Adam Garbinski

APK not zip aligned

Henry. Many thanks as I missed that these are two separate buttons. Totally unintuitive and misleading. Great product after all but this one is a UX flaw that can be used on training sessions like "10 things to avoid when making user interfaces" :)

maxkatz

APK not zip aligned

Thanks for all your suggestions. We will update the Export window UI to make it more clear that there are two links for each platform.

Adam Garbinski

APK not zip aligned

You very welcome Max. Glad we can help.

Return to “Issues”