Ram7585741

Reg login-registration tutorial

I followed all the steps given in the login-registration tutorial. The tutorial claims to implement social logins using google , facebook etc.

I tried for google login.

I registered the app at the google console and got client id and keys.

The tutorial does not have any step linking the social login to the User interface.

I think there are a few steps missing in the social login implementation.

Appery users like me are preferring to code here because its so easy to build our apps with built in plugins, step-by step tutorials. I have been using the tutorials for my students for the last 1 year. After the big update this july, the quality of tutorials seem to have gone down. my students face many problems related to google maps, analytics, login, search functionality tutorials. Many steps are missing or not accurate. The plugins do not work as before. Kindly take care in providing fully working plugins. I already raised a complaint regarding google analytics not working in Lollipop version.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello,

Could you clarify what you have tried and what exactly does not work? Please send us screen shots of this problem?

Ram7585741

https://docs.appery.io/docs/database-...

thats the link i followed.

The tutorial just covers about the google side config.

After the 12th step, there are some steps missing on How and where to invoke the google login service in our own app.

A few screenshots on where to place the buttons, what service to be invoked would help a lot of people.

The complete tutorial was there for OAUTH2 google login in the previous version of the dev center.

screenshot tutorials are the most helpful thing in appery. They help the students to learn quickly by implementing the features. Hope you guys would improve them.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello,

I have redirected your request to our development team with the suggestion on improvement.
We will update you on the result.
Thank you for your contribution to our product!

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello,

This is to update you on your request.
We have reviewed the sample app you referred to and can say that it is a working instruction on creating User registration and User login. It was supposed to be that simple as this is not a tutorial.

To proceed with adding social login to your app, you can check this link: https://docs.appery.io/docs/database-...
Hope, this helps.

Ram7585741

You have forwarded the same link I mentioned in my query!

I think you have not understood the problem yet.

Google Login related instructions have been listed in the link I mentioned. But only upto step no 12.

There is no instruction on how to invoke the login service created in google developer console . check again.

Return to “Issues”