Robert1812004

Love it. Want more.

Tiggr looks great !

I just started playing with it and I think the whole design direction is right on target. Some thoughts:

ul
liwould prefer wysiwyg rather than flash builder but its pretty close for now
(ie use same code for design and runtime)
/li

limore widgets:
preferably everything thats here : http://jquerymobile.com/designs/
but then I am greedy :)
/li

li connect "save as version" menu item to a SVN/github backend to allow versioned UI's. This way everybody can make sure they comment on a specific version. UI's can be forked to create a slightly (but not radically) different mobile UI for example. Or an existing UI can be maintained while a total redesign is going on as well.
Users would get a link not only to a project/screen but to a project/version/screen (and/or could select a version from the dropdown)
/li

lihow about an "annotation layer" Just like PDF annotations you can
draw red/yellow/etc rects, circles, arrows, text, freehand to persistently comment on a design. Annotation author & date & UI version to which it relates is kept also
/li

li if it is a pure prototyping tool this may not apply, but I imagine it could provide a fairly smooth path to production: what is the underlying UI client framework used to build the UI ? Is that pluggable ? (Ie create as jQuery, create as YUI, create as Ext ?) I dont necessarily think it needs to be but I would pick a framework thats well supported and deployable on a broad range of browsers and form factors (desktop, tablets, phones). My vote would be for jQuery & the impending jQuery mobile (see above link to widget mockups)
/li

lianother one that is probably more for an actual app builder (which I think this could become) rather than a pure prototyping tool: allow skinning via an external stylesheet. The "name" property of the UI builder should probably translate into a 'id' property in the DOM for fine grain control on the CSS in that case.
Since you are already using jQuery, perhaps you can just adopt jQuery UI stylesheets (handy: themeroller already done)
/li

lisome other things to possibly do (longer term), again for real app dev more than prototyping:
implement internationalization - externalize all user entered UI text & run dates, numbers etc. through locale formatters. (See for example the Microsoft contributed globalization jQuery plugin - http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archiv...) This will make it possible to hand over the tiggr tool to localizers before or in parallel with the actual app implementation
/li

liallow simulation of different formfactors (and in fact perhaps simulate browser agent strings for that purpose as well) so that UI's can be tested for phone, tablet and desktop form factors. There could be some presets obviously (iPhone, AndroidX, iPad, etc.)
/li

liallow hooking event handlers. Double click on a widget and you get a js code screen (cmp visual basic) that allows various event handlers to be implemented. Eg. onchange validation, onclick screen or tab changes etc.
/li
/ul

tiggr: MSDEV for the web, leveraging existing open source or flexibly licensed runtime & plugins. Standards based & deployable on all kinds of browsers & devices, without requiring flash or silverlight or other doodads. I like it.

akomolov

Love it. Want more.

Robert, thanks!
You've listed majority of items in our current roadmap.
(yes, even styling via external css,hooking events and an appbuilder, but let's see how far we can take it...)
I'll just print it and post it on my wall - you've done my work for me.
thanks again

Robert1812004

Love it. Want more.

oh well, one of these days I will have an original thought. I just don't know which one yet.
:)

Return to “Issues”