I upgraded to the new interface, second time. It looks wonderful.
get all database rows matching "active"
Network data shows 6 rows resulting
I added a 'local storage' item that was to simply debug what was the output ("debugReturnData"). I could see it in the screen, and was mapped to the $ object so it would iterate over rows, but I got a console message "Uncaught Error: Storage 'debugReturnData' not found" so I couldn't even add to the existing mapping with a new storage item, the initial test, with no other changes to my system, simply returned a fail.
I have to roll back a second time now. If all my prior database queries fail, it renders the new interface wholly unusable.
It's not very stable.