AC

Remove something from the manifest

Hi, I published my app to the store. But it wont show in the search results on some device and I contact the support. They told me that I need to remove feature, android.hardware.telephony from the manifest.

Please tell me how I can do it in appery.

Thx

AC

hello?

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

You can find manifest file here

Tarun Srivastava

I was reading somewhere that if I edit the Manifest online once, I have to edit the manifest manually for ever after that. For example, I want to use ON_BOOT_Complete and have to edit the manifest file in order to start my service/ activity. Once I edit the manifest file to include my code, and then make some changes in the app which needs manifest to change, will all work?

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Tarun,

You should edit Android manifest or any other Source file at the very end of the developing of your app because this can cause a future mess in the app's logic. Please note that editing source files is outside the scope of Appery.io support and you do this at your own risk

Tarun Srivastava

I understand.
What I am going to do is to update the file before I create a version, release my product and then revert the changes back to work on future releases. I understand this is the only way.
The steps I will take

1. Take a backup of manifest.

2. Make changes to manifest.

3. Release the product

4. Create a new version.

5. Revert the changes back in the manifest file.
    For all subsequent releases follow steps 1 to 5.

Makes sense?
    Thanks

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Tarun,

Sorry for delay. Yes, this logic seems to be working in theory, but there is a possibility that you'll face some difficulties because you should be very attentive making changes in the manifest

Return to “Issues”