Deon

Android Permissions not Working

Hi

I only have the following permissions set in Appery Android Permissions.

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
CAMERA
WAKE_LOCK
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

However the following permissions are granted by Google Play. Why? I do not want ....
Contact access
Identity access
Device Id and Call Info

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Deon,

Please check your enabled Cordova plugins, they ask for corresponding permissions too.

Deon

Thanks Evgene

I am not sure how disabling certain plugins will then affect the App functionality.

Basically I am using the BarCode Scanner service. I am using push messaging based on your documentation for setting it up. Does this use a Cordova Plugin? If so I presume it is PushPlugin? Is that correct?

Does that mean I can disable all other Cordova Plugins?

Does the Barcode Scanner not require the camera settings? If I disable Camera will the BarCode Scanner still work?

Are any of these services dependent on each other or can I go ahead and disable everyone barring the barcode scanner and Pushplugin?

Deon

Can you also let me know what plugins are essential because removing most plugins that I do not require, crashed the App. I can run the app now.

Thanks.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Deon,

Almost all Cordova plugins are independent, so you can remove all of them from your app

Deon

Ok cool. Thank you. I have tried it and it works.
I see there are two versions of the cordova pushplugin.

To receive push messages does either of them need to be activated if I am using the standard method as descibed by appery to setup and use push messages?

Thank you

Serhii Kulibaba

If you use an application, which was updated from the libraries version 2.x - please use Push Plugin 1.3.0

If your app was build with Libraries version 3.x - please use Push Plugin 1.4.5

Return to “Issues”