Joe7349603

API Express Upload Service not working When App is installed on device

My app uses two types of services. API Express to upload raw data (offline loading) and non-API Express to upload binary data. I have packaged the app and installed it on the actual device for testing.

What I have realized is that when I test from the device, raw data (API XPress) nothing is getting updated on the DB.However, when I try to upload images there is no issue.

I have tested this thoroughly on my end and I can confirm that this issue does not happen when I test using tester APP or the browser so this is very specific to when the APP is installed on device and only on API Express service.

Appery, can you please comment on this. I would appreciate your urgency on this issue.

Illya Stepanov

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your question - this is strange as you're saying it works in the tester app but not on a device. I'm assuming that this is related to some configurations on your specific device or you have had removed predefined Core Cordova plugin in project App Settings before exporting it as a binary.

Could you please provide more information about this specific issue in your app.

Joe7349603

The specific issue is as explained above.

The only changes I had made before publishing was on Android Permissions and obviously checking the Release button, other than that no other changes. However, I reverted to an older version, did an auto update and the same thing...no updates from API Xpress.

Now, one thing I am not sure if it would impact is that, I had an order APP which was not leveraging API Xpress that I had published to Google Console. Then I changed the architecture to use API Xpress and on Google Dev Console instead of creating another APP all I did was update the APK file to the new one and I also had to change the Package name in the new APP to reflect the old APP because G.Console was complaining about Package name being different.

I am not sure if that may impact (I doubt) but .....

Joe7349603

One more update.

I have since created a new APP at Google developer console, repackaged my app and uploaded it and still same issue persist. Any data I upload using API Express is not getting updated on the backend.

So this has to be something else...:(

Illya Stepanov

We need a little bit more information on this issue. If you can include the exact steps and/or screen shots how to reproduce your issue, that would help a lot.

Joe7349603

Please note that since the last post I have tried to recreate my mapping and that did not fix the issue. I created a new API express (Crime_Stoppers_API_Xpress) and that too has not fixed the issue.

App Name on ApperyIO: Crime_Stoppers (already Shared with support)
App Name on Google Play: Jamii Watchers API (it is in Beta version but anyone can download)

Chrome Test: Open the APP, input data in all fields and press the Button: Button_Crime_Stoppers_API_Express. (SUBMIT Button is not Activated)

API Express used: Crime_Stoppers_API_Xpress

When using browser, On the DB you will see all the data has been updated. I have uploaded one record through the browser to show how complete and successful record looks like. This fields have the text "This field is good" with the exception of date fields and those expecting numbers.

Repeat the same on the APP installed on Android device and you will notice how sporadically the fields are being updated. I uploaded records from a device with the text: "Test- installed App"

Joe7349603

I may have found the bug. What I noticed is that when running the App from the browser, the mapping is working on all fields.However, when I install the APP the mapping is only working on some field but not all.

The work around I used was to delete the mapping I had (drag and drop ) and used code instead and it seems to be working.

Either way, I truly think there is a bug on your end why would the mapping only work when running the app on browser and not when installed on device??? I hope someone can examine this before closing this ticket.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Joe,

Can you provide us an example of such API Express service and setting so that we can reproduce it on our end. And please provide the exact steps for how to reproduce such case.

Return to “Issues”