Cody Blue

Memory leak (iOS) in Appery based projects

I was noticing a memory leak in my Appery projects when profiled in Xcode via Apple Instruments. I was wondering if there was anything due to my custom implementation and/or plugins so I went ahead and created a simple/clean 1 page Appery app called "test" (project shared with Appery and screenshot attached).

I am noticing the same memory leak in it (see screenshot #2 and call tree in #3).

Can you folks fix this within Appery?

Maryna Brodina

Hello Cody!

We'll check that on a new app.

Maryna Brodina

Hello Cody!

I've just got an update from dev team - they tested memory leak on several projects and it's seems to be not reproducible. We'll test with shared app and let you know result.

Maryna Brodina

Checked shared app and no memory leaks there as well, see image below

Cody Blue

The leak is associated with input component in your platform. run your tests with it included (attached two screenshots). I had to change shared app to show yet another bug you guys have (https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...) and hence had to remove input component.

When can you provide a fix? We are quite concerned about our app (otherwise ready to go) rejected by apple due to this.

Maryna Brodina

Hello Cody!

Memory leak happens inside iOS JavaScriptCore module only for ios7.
We created empty ios project (without Cordova) and reproduced this memory leak with simple html code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<input type="text" placeholder=""/>
</body>
</html>

There is no plan to fix it.

Cody Blue

Hi Maryna,

I appreciate the input. I have two follow-up questions, mainly to ensure that we won't run into any problems:

*I'm wondering in light of your latest reply, why is the issue not reproducible when certain components (like input) are not present, for instance in your earlier reply

*can you please confirm that this issue hasn't / won't lead to app rejection by Apple (Appery as a platform is meant to provide for/enable end-to-end app launch and is charging for it, so I would expect that issues which cause hindrance are resolved and accounted for.

Thanks.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Cody,

Sorry for delay.
[quote:]I'm wondering in light of your latest reply, why is the issue not reproducible when certain components (like input) are not present, for instance in your earlier reply[/quote]
It was tested for ios8
[quote:]can you please confirm that this issue hasn't / won't lead to app rejection by Apple (Appery as a platform is meant to provide for/enable end-to-end app launch and is charging for it, so I would expect that issues which cause hindrance are resolved and accounted for.[/quote]
We can't guarantee successful publication, cause you could have anything else that can lead to rejection. As far as we know, a lot of apps was published with much less optimization in the Apple Store, then your app.

Cody Blue

Thanks - appreciate the feedback.

Return to “Issues”