Cody Blue

Appery list component click error

I was noticing this issue with list component within my project when tested on iOS 7.1.2 (iPhone 5S). Just to ensure it wasn't due to any custom implementation I've tested a simple one page app that has nothing but a list with several listelements that exceed the length of the page (see screenshot #1).

When the page is scrolled down on above indicated device (testing on browser works just fine) and a listelement is clicked (ss #2), and the touch is released, the click visual jump to an element above (ss #3).

Is this a known error? How soon could you fix it, and if not soon enough suggest a workaround? I am sure folks including myself won't be able to release apps in production with this bug.

This simple app named "test" is shared with Appery. Feel free to test it.

Thanks.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Cody -

We will need to test this on a device and we let you know the status.

Ihor Didevych

Hi Cody,

Reported these issues as a bug. Hope developer can take a look and provide any solution/workaround to this problem.

Cody Blue

I appreciate the feedback and input. We're using listItems extensively given that it is such a common element, and thus would be needing a solution/work-around. As this is a rather significant UI glitch, I'm afraid our submission package (on hold because of this issue) might get outrightly rejected by Apple -- for us, and potentially others.

Maryna Brodina

Hello Cody!

This bug still haven't been processed, but I'll ping dev team.

Cody Blue

Hi Maryna,

Thanks for the status update. How soon is your estimate to provide resolution? As I indicated this is holding up our submission process, and will appreciate rectification soon.

Thanks.

Illya Stepanov

Hi Cody -

Unfortunately we don't have an estimation time on this bug, yet. We'll update when we'll have more details.

Cody Blue

It has been 10 days since I reported the issue and I am sure the team is trying to resolve this, but I do have to urge that we need do clarity on this front. Process wise it is disappointing if Appery isn't able to resolve such basic issues for paid customers especially when bugs as such can have significant impact for user base and their ability to deploy apps (why can't an issue as such be resolved in 10 days is not completely clear to me).

As I indicated we've extensively used listElements are concerned that even after resolution of the problem I've reported we'll have to test further that things work well (e.g. listElements behavior in panels). This is pushing our planning behind and hence my sentiment of urgency.

Thanks.

Cody Blue

Any feedback on resolution/workaround on this? We're losing days with our submission and its exacerbating our concerns for a variety of reasons. We've emailed support but there's been no response whatsoever there either. Should we escalate this concern in other public forums?

Return to “Issues”