David wyatt

iframe stops bar code scanner on ios

HI,

I seem to have a bug in my app. It runs fine on android and windows but the issue is with ios.
Everything works fine until a load an iframe in a html component. After external links set to load on system browser and the bar code scanner stops working. With the bar code scanner if you switch out and then switch back in to the app it works and loads the bar code scanner. But the issue is still there if you try again.

Ive tried removing the css and changed the page show load events but nothing changes. The only thing that works is when I stop the Iframe from loading. As soon as it loads everything stops working

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello David,

Could you please clarify do you have any errors in a browser console if you test your app in a browser?

David wyatt

Hi,
It works fine in a browser and when I run it on appery test app. But as soon as I export it as ipa file and run it on an iPhone the issue appears.

Illya Stepanov

Hi David -

Please provide us with a public app link and steps to reproduce.
:: http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

David wyatt

Hi Illya,
I've shared my app with support, its called Tk scan and shop. The issue only happens when exported and run on an iPhone etc.

On the main page select bar code scanner. This then uses bar code scanner and takes you to scan page with iframe.
Once the Iframe is loaded if you try the bar code scanner again you get a permanent spinning loader. The only way to stop it is to minimalize the app. If you then reopen it the app continues and loads the bar code scanner.
I also tried going straight to the scan page, then back and tried bar code scanner and same issue.
Additionally if you try the social media links at the bottom of the main page they also stop working. These use a JavaScript open system browser command.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

David wyatt

Hi Illya after much investigation it seems the issue is cause by the combination of css loading a background image and the iframe. still dont understand why but as soon i removed the css it worked again.

David wyatt

Hi, I was just wondering if there was an update.
After some trial and error I have found that after the app loads after a second there is a spinning loader shown for a split second. if i navigate away from the page before the loader appears everything works.
Its like whatever loads after the app has loaded is causing the issue, Ive tried taking every load event off and this still happens!

Thanks for your help

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi David,

I can not see how to select bar code scanner in your app.

Please specify it in more details.

Also it's not clear what iframe does in your logic/implementation, please specify it too.

Thanks.

David wyatt

HI Yurii,

thank you for your help, sorry for not being very clear. The bar code scanner can be found on the main page (picture at the top) or secondly on the scan page (navigated by pressing second picture with shop.com on it), the screen shot below shows the second way.
The process is:
load command sets the iframe through a variable

when the bar code scanner completes it runs javascript to create new web address, which is then loaded in to the iframe

If you run the bar code scanner from the main page (without visiting the page with the iframe (scan)) the scanner works. When you load the page with the iframe (scan page) and either try running the scanner from the scan page or go back and try from the main page the bar code scanner doesn't work. (until you minimalise and then maximise the app) Image

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Sorry for delay here. Please try remote debug
https://devcenter.appery.io/documenta..., do you have errors?

Return to “Issues”