SteveLacy

window.open no longer working in ios10.2

I have a published app where I recently made a minor update and published the new version of the app. I have buttons that use either:

window.open(the_link, 'blank','location=yes');
or
window.open(the_link, "system");

Now on iOS 10.2, when you click the button you get the spinner for a split second, then nothing. No windows open on the device. Neither "system" nor "blank" works on iOS 10.2.

Everything works fine on other devices (Android, etc.), but it doesn't work properly on iOS 10.2.

Using the Xcode Simulator, it appears the window may open but it's not in focus (it's in the background?) since I can hit the home button, then the app icon to relaunch the app and I now see the window.

I'm using the most recent library version 3.1. I even imported the most recent version of the Cordova InAppBrowser (1.6.2) but it didn't improve things. I did try things on an older version of iOS (9.3) and it worked there, but it doesn't work on iOS 10.2.

I also tried a "virtual click" vs. "click" to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

SteveLacy

So are there any suggestions? My guess is something recently changed either in iOS 10.2 or the Appery Xcode export? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To ensure I wasn't crazy, I built a simple app with one page with one button with the javascript as follows (on button click):

var the_link = "http://appery.io";
window.open(the_link, '_blank','location=yes');

When I created the Xcode project and opened the app in the Xcode iPhone 7 plus simulator (running iOS 10.2), the button would not do anything. I got the same result that I saw in my app.

I have a customer waiting, so a reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Vinny B

That has been an issue with Appery.io since the iOS 10 upgrade. Appery.io is suppose to come out with an updated version that will solve this problem "mid jan 2017" . Would be nice if they can give us a more accurate date.

Illya Stepanov

Hello -

Yes, there is an issue with security context in Cordova plugins at this moment --https://forum.ionicframework.com/t/co...

We are in the final tests before going to release an updated Cordova platform version which should address such issues for iOS 10 -- we have planned the release for January 22.

Lars Holtet

Im having the exact same issue- hope it will be sorted out om the update.

SteveLacy

So I went in today (1/23/17) and exported another Xcode for my app and found that the problem remains.

So did the planned January 22nd Appery release go out? I'm thinking no?

Let us know. We have customers waiting. Let us know when we can anticipate the fix.

Thanks!

Steve

Vinny B

It was delayed a week

Illya Stepanov

Hi all -

Yes, we had to delay it and we're planning the release date on this weekend at Sunday.

SteveLacy

So the update to the Appery platform fixed the problem. Great news.

Although the update also causes some new Xcode issues (reported on a separate thread), we were able to push the update of the app out for our customer without an issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Darshan Mothreja

I am still facing this problem in iOS 11.4
After tapping on Button nothing happens.

Return to “Issues”