Deon

IOS Push Messaging Not working again

Hi

Once again, I have a problem with IOS Push.

1. After configuring IOS push in the Appery console, all settings have been cleared by itself?????

2. I have now enabled Push again. Devices are not registering in the db.

Please help

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Hello Deon,

Thanks for reaching out to support.

We are sorry IOS Push Messaging is not working.
We will help you troubleshoot this issue, but before we need a little bit more information to help us figure what can be causing this.

When was the last time Push Notifications message were delivered?

Also, it's very likely the issue is related to IOS certificates. To ensure they are valid, could you please check that?

Deon

Hi

This is a new app. All certificates are valid.

Thanks

maxkatz

Hi Deon,

Most Push Notification problems (sending) are specific to the app and its configuration (including certificates). We can help you debug this app, but please consider purchasing the Advisory Pack (http://appery.io/services). If this turns out to be an Appery.io bug, we will credit the hours back and you can use it for any other questions, bugs, etc.

For #1 - can you reproduce this issue again or was this a one-time thing?

Deon

Hi Max

Unfortunately your Advisory Pack is way to expensive due to currency exchange rate. Besides, I log so many problems, I would be broke.

I have this issue every single time and then when I report it, it miraculously gets fixed?

Why would my settings disappear after I have setup push in the console? It seems that the settings are actually not auto saved?

I have now configured push again in the console. Surely I do not have to republish the app to ITunes?

maxkatz

Settings disappear - we need to look into this. It shouldn't be happening. Is this something you can reproduce each time?

Deon

I have it happen twice now on different apps. Once I re-enable it seems to stay. I have re-added the .p12 certificate but only after I published to the App Store. Do I need to republish the app again now?

maxkatz

If you update the .p12 certificate you need to build a new binary and republish.

Deon

I did not update it. It was just not in the push notifications settings. It is still the same .p12 which I uploaded initially. Do I still need to re-publish?

maxkatz

If you upload another/new .p12 file then you need to rebuild it and republish.

Return to “Issues”