Anthony Hyams

Updating from 4.1 Appery libraries to 5.0, Android build fails with unknown error

We are trying to update to the latest version of Appery 5.0 Libraries as we need to migrate from GCM to FCM push notifications but we cannot build after the migration, if i change back to 4.1 it will build.

Can you help us identify the real error behind the known error.

iOS X-Code export works fine.

Getting desperate as deadlines are looming.

Illya Stepanov

Updating from 4.1 Appery libraries to 5.0, Android build fails with unknown error

Hello Anthony,

To be able to check the build logs for your App we would need to know the project GUID number (you can find it in the browser address bar when opening your App) or simply enable sharing with support for this project and let us know its name.

Anthony Hyams

Sharing with Support is now enabled.

Thank you

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Anthony,

Please specify the app name and clarify if you have changed anything on the Source tab?

Anthony Hyams

No changes on the source tabs, literally just changed the libraries from 4.1 to 5.0 only after restoring to be 100% sure.

App Name: UKGE-APP

thanks

Evgene Karachevtsev

Dear Anthony,

According to our logs, your last build was successful. Could you please check that this is the correct app?

Anthony Hyams

Thats because it was put back to 4.1 and re-tested re-built. Which worked,

So I have just put it back to 5.0 and rebuilt which failed.

thanks

Illya Stepanov

Can you reproduce the error? - so that we can see what might be the cause of build fail in your case.

Anthony Hyams

I might not have made myself clear sorry, i have set it back to version 5 libraries and tried to compile the Android and it has failed with unknown error, so it is at the failed stage for you to see the logs now.

thanks

Anthony Hyams

I actually work it out myself in the end.

It was a Cordova plugin (Brightness), we had 0.1.0 and the latest is 0.1.5 which resolved the problem.

So it compiled no problem, will test the iOS Monday when back in the office, but ont he service it seems to be resolved.

Thanks for your help. You can close the ticket.

Return to “Issues”