SteveLacy

ERROR: Plugin 'InAppBrowser' not found, or is not a CDVPlugin

I'm using the Appery Xcode export, then testing the app within the Xcode simulator. When I try to click a link in the app that executes the following javascript:

window.open(myURL);

I get the following error in the Xcode simulator:

2013-04-30 10:53:23.109 Starke Church[1285:c07] CDVPlugin class CVDInAppBrowser (pluginName: InAppBrowser) does not exist.
2013-04-30 10:53:23.109 Starke Church[1285:c07] ERROR: Plugin 'InAppBrowser' not found, or is not a CDVPlugin. Check your plugin mapping in config.xml.
2013-04-30 10:53:23.110 Starke Church[1285:c07] -[CDVCommandQueue executePending] [Line 103] FAILED pluginJSON = [
"InAppBrowser884108136",
"InAppBrowser",
"open",
[
"http:\/\/myflock2.com\/cgi-bin\/streaming.pl?churchid=church3419",
null,
null
]
]

I noticed with the conversion to the Appery.io label, that the Cordova output is no longer the same as it was a few weeks ago under the Tiggzi label.

I need a solution in order to publish an app for my customer. Please help!

SteveLacy

Any suggestions with this problem? This has to impact everyone that has a window.open link in there app and they want to publish to Apple (should be a large percentage of the Appery apps).

Right now the Xcode export for Apple isn't working properly, so there's no way to publish. This should be a show stopper for lots of people. Is there any suggestions for a workaround till it's fixed within Appery?

Illya Stepanov

Hi Steve, we are sorry for delay. For some reason we didn't get notification on your question.

You only got this error in Xcode simulator? Did not check it on the device?

We'll update asap!

SteveLacy

Yes, the error occurred on the Xcode simulator. I didn't check it on a device, but I would assume the error would occur there too.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

SteveLacy

Max - Nope that didn't help. I had actually found that as well and added the line to my config.xml file. But it still fails. Any suggestions? This issue has to be very prevalent (lots of people have links and are submitting to Apple), I'm surprised there's not readily available fix.

SteveLacy

I trust that the folks at Appery.io are working this issue? Without a fix it will be impossible to deploy an app to the Apple App store that has a link within the app.

Your help is appreciated.

Steve

maxkatz

Still trying to figure this out. As a temporary workaround, can you try switching to ChildBrowser for opening a new window?

maxkatz

window.open() -- doesn't work for us either. It's possible that PhoneGap 2.4 doesn't support it any more. We upgraded to PhoneGap 2.4 recently. You should use ChildBrowser to open the window.

SteveLacy

Alright. So the syntax for using the Childbrowser to open Google.com is as follows correct?:

window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage("http://google.com");

Return to “Issues”