RobertJay

Request to make pending change in version policy less extreme

I understand why Appery needs to be more restrictive on the allowable number of versions which can be saved, and agree that it's the responsibility of users to make local backups. I'm undoubtedly one of those who abused this functionality - and admit that liberal versioning has been a life-saver for me on more than one occasion.

But to go from unlimited to three, I believe, is unreasonable overkill - particularly when the platform continues to undergo fairly dramatic development and major upgrades have only recently started to become relatively problem-free to the overall user base.

Let me make a suggestion: One of the reasons I haven't been better at discarding unneeded versions is that deletes are done one version at a time and can be excruciatingly slow if many need to be deleted. I understand that this is probably done on purpose to avoid unintended deletions. But I think it would helpful if version-deletions can be done on more a bulk basis - e.g. all versions earlier than some date, or all checked versions.

maxkatz

Would you like us to add an option to delete more versions at at time or consider adding more number of versions to a plan?

RobertJay

Max, the problem of a three-version limit is far more serious to me than the inconvenience of deletions - so I would prefer adding more number of versions to a plan.

maxkatz

We didn't have Versions limit at all. You still have access to this feature -- that's important. We want to encourage users to upgrade to the next plan if you find this feature useful and would like access to more versions.

Return to “Issues”