Bobby Newland

REST Api Getting Error

Hi,

Im using he google distance API and it is testing fine and I am using JSONP to account for the cross domain issue. In the Network tab on chrome Dev Tools it is working fine, showing a 200 ok and even giving the response.

But for some reason the service is resulting in an error in Appery i have alerts set up on error and success events and the error keeps getting triggered showing that the service resulted in an error.

Can any one offer any suggestions as this is a crucial part of my app being able to show the distance between a location and a user

Illya Stepanov

REST Api Getting Error

Hi Bobby,

Please describe how you've call the service and how you setup it?
Also it works fine in network tab, but don't works in Appery.io app?

Bobby Newland

REST Api Getting Error

Hi Thanks for your quick response,

That is correct it works fine in the network tab but not in appery it results in an error and not sure why. I am using the invoke service on page show in the events panel to call the service

Illya Stepanov

REST Api Getting Error

Could you please show the settings of 'distanceService', and request/response parameters.

Illya Stepanov

REST Api Getting Error

Thanks for screenshots - try turning on Appery.io Proxy.

Bobby Newland

REST Api Getting Error

when you use jsonp it disables the proxy button

Illya Stepanov

REST Api Getting Error

Sorry, I see.

You can try the suggestion described here, just to test if ti works: http://devcenter.appery.io/documentat...

Bobby Newland

REST Api Getting Error

yes i read that article thats how i found out to use the jsonp because at first it wasnt working at all and once i switched it to jsonp it worked perfectly in the network tab but appery still results in an error

Bobby Newland

REST Api Getting Error

Hi Im still resulting in an error with the rest service. It Is working fine in the browser so the issue is with Appery. Are we going to try and find a solution?

Return to “Issues”