ianr

iPhone work-alike "list picker" component

The iPhone UIDatePicker and UIPicker design elements offer a fixed placement efficient (screen space) way of viewing and selecting list items from variable length lists. So the TIGGR component I am seeking would have similar functionality. The vertical mouse/swipe user input action/gesture would be to move the selected "tumbler dial", say up to 4 maximum, as in UIDatePicker. Such user action would set table(s) pointer(s) to the tumbler values in "centre of view", making the value(s) available as a user confirmed decision.

maxkatz

Thanks for the idea. Are you looking for a component that looks something like this: http://goo.gl/VS5Rb ?

ianr

yes max .. the design element is a very mature and efficient way to commit fixed screen space to scrolling through an selecting an item from a list of "n" items.Its in widespread app use now by many developers (including me). Image Image Image Image Image

ianr

maybe just say 32 items max, for all n lists, in n tumber element. We woudl slect the number of tumblers form properties entry. In your TIGGR build (covers dates of month) .. good enough for modelling/wireframe. We just fill in the text content manually. That would be fantastic and in line with the way touch UI "best practice" is emerging. Would work OK with mouse action for testing review on any browser. Mayvbe one final property for kinetics/momentum .. say 1-4 items passing per second (limited range kinetics).

maxkatz

Our components are based on jQuery Mobile components. I checked and jQuery Mobile doesn't offer such component yet. They may add such component later. I will add this to our todo list and we will try to implement it in the future.

Return to “Issues”