SteveLacy

navigator.app.loadUrl(the_link, { openExternal:true } ); not supported with latest release of Appery.io Android Tester A

With the update of the Appery.io Tester on my Android phone today (11/19/2013 - Version 1.3), I found that the apps I had created that used the navigator.app.loadUrl function no longer work on the tester app.

If I build the apk and install it on my phone, the app works as designed. But the app doesn't behave properly with the latest version of the Appery.i Android tester.

Kateryna Grynko

navigator.app.loadUrl(the_link, { openExternal:true } ); not supported with latest release of Appery.io Android Tester A

Hi Steve,

Please try the following: prewindow.top.location = "http://example.com";/pre

SteveLacy

That does work on the Tester, but it opens the link in the app child browser rather than the phone's native browser.

My link goes to some video content that isn't supported in the child browser, but does work on the phone's native browser.

This is not a big deal since it's only the Tester that's not working for me.

Maryna Brodina

Hello! We reported a bug. Workaround: to open page in standard Android browser use JS: prewindow.open(the_link, "_system");/pre

SteveLacy

Awesome!

That also solves another issue I was having on iOS where there was a previous problem with window.open not working on iOS. Now I can open Safari on iOS (before I was limited to the childbrowser).

Thanks!

Daniel Gerardo Martinez

Hello, I'm having a hard time trying to open a local html file in an external browser:

I'm using:

Code: Select all

navigator.app.loadUrl(encodeURI("file:///sdcard/PA5_CN_B1_OA_10001/index.html"), { openExternal:true }); 

Is there any alternative?

Daniel Gerardo Martinez

Alena, thank you for your fast reply, the url is correct as I could open it in chrome; if I remove openExternal:true, the local page is opened in the webviewer, but how can I open it in a external android browser?

Thank you in advance

Alena Prykhodko

Daniel,

Did you tried to use this suggested code?
pre

window.open(the_link, "_system");/pre

Note: the_link - should contain correct url starts with protocol prefix like pre"http://", "file://" etc../pre

As I see you have prefile:////pre

Daniel Gerardo Martinez

Yes, I did, it doesn't do anything, if "_system" is removed it launches the webviewer

Return to “Issues”