Bruce Stuart

Windows Store Submission Fails with Appery

I've lost the other thread I reported this issue on earlier - and - It was improperly titled ... so here's the new thread.

My app keeps getting rejected by the Windows Store - and they will not certify it. After 3 submissions - they're getting tired of rejecting my app most likely.

I've attempted the manipulate the images per the suggestions from some of the support team - however, the suggestions have not specifically addressed this issue.

I have a client that's unwilling to make a payment for my work - until my Windows Store deliverable is met (it's a fair position).

So - is there a workaround that specifically fixes the images here - I have tweaked all the images in the config file that exists based on previous suggestions here - however - these are images that specifically do not exist in the Appery folders - under windows source.

Here is the rejection:

Notification/Action Requested:
The title of the application's 'pin to start' , 'application list', or 'games hub' icon appears to be a generic title, and is not representative of the application.

Note: The ""pin-to-start"" tile is different from the icon and tile images submitted with the application. The ""pin-to-start"" tile is located within the XAP. After an application is installed, users can pin the application to the Start screen by pressing and holding the application icon from the Application List. The tile needs to be unique to the application so that end users can visually associate the tile with your application. Please review the following MSDN document for more information regarding Tiles for Windows Phone (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libra....

Can you please help ?
Bruce

Illya Stepanov

Hi Bruce -

We are currently working on it and researching this issue.

It looks like they had changed the requirements for the new .xap packages recently.

Bruce Stuart

Illya,

Thanks. Can you tell me what the ETA of a fix might be? I know things take time - but I'd like to set the expectation of my client.

It's also likely important to you guys as well, as anyone who creates a Windows.xap will likely encounter this issue ??

Best,
Bruce

Illya Stepanov

Bruce,

Hopefully we'll make it quicker, but for now it is planned for early summer.

Bruce Stuart

Illya,

The workaround proposed previously didn't work - given the extended amount of time between now and early summer - is the a workaround the specifically lets me add the desired images to the Windows Manifest? The ones specifically mentioned in the rejection above? These three :

The title of the application's 'pin to start' , 'application list', or 'games hub' icon appears to be a generic title, and is not representative of the application.

thanks!@
bruce

Bruce Stuart

Illya,

Any update? Monday perhaps ?

Thanks,
Bruce

Illya Stepanov

Bruce,

I'll ask our developers how this can be done at this point without builder patching.

Bruce Stuart

Illya - any update possibly? I realize that there may be tweaks I need to make to the manifest - and I'm comfortable going that direction. Just need to know how to do it.

Soon I hope!

Best,

Bruce

David wyatt

Any update Im in the same situation?

Alena Prykhodko

Hello,

Our developer was able to get application submitted to Store successfully.

Return to “Issues”