Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

Hi

Is there anyway to prevent the tester from caching. Every time I change something the old stuff is still cached and I cant see my new changes. This means I have to force the tester to stop and then reopen the tester every 2 minutes. This is not only damm annoying but completely unproductive.

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Tester Caching Annoyance

Hello Deon,

I have heard back from our development team about your question. I was informed that Appery.io tester doesn't use caching: you just need to leave the app (not the tester) and reopen it.

Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

I used to do that on the old version and it was fine. Now just leaving the app does not work. It is definitely caching. Especially images are not chaning when I resize. Only when I do a Force Stop in Application Manager does it seem to clear.

In addition, when I stop an app and rerun it, it just says Loading but nothing happens. This happens even if I close the Tester and go back in. Only once I have done a Force Stop does it work again.

Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

As a natter fact, now it is not even loading my apps. Just hangs on...
Loading App please wait

Evgene Karachevtsev

Tester Caching Annoyance

Hello Deon,

We passed this issue to our developers, they investigating this case. Could you please clarify what device do you use for test and have you tried to reinstall the Tester?

Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

Hi Samsung S5

The tester now crashes/becomes unresponsive all the time on app load. I cant use it at all.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Tester Caching Annoyance

Dear Deon,

We tried to reproduce the issue with different apps, but without luck. Could you please share your app, tell us its name and steps to reproduce the issue with it?
also please detail what Android version is installed on your app.

Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

This thread is related to https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/... as well. Please follow there.

Deon

Tester Caching Annoyance

Any reply on this.
Tester is still caching even after upgrade. Any app.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Tester Caching Annoyance

Hello Deon,

Honestly, we couldn't reproduce this problem. But we're rolling out the new version of the Tester in a few days. Please test it and contact us, if you'll still have this issue.

Return to “Issues”