Chris6743166

Android Build Error

Hi Galyna,

The app is shared with support and called 'Maes y Mynydd'.

The problem occurs with all the apps generated using a plugin called 'School App'.

If you can tell me the steps I need to do to ensure that the build it successful, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Android Build Error

Chris,

Can you confirm you have issues with Android builds only?
Just to clarify - your builds (both Android and iOS) are successful but Android version lacks the push JSON files? Is this the issue you are concerned with?

Important - please clarify as well if you created the app under question from the backup, if so - such behavior is to be expected as all the Push settings need to be recreated in this case.

In this connection, I would like you to know that by making a backup of an app you can save all the created pages with their UI and services, enabled plugins, libraries versions, keys and binaries, themes, JavaScript, CSS, etc.; the structure of the application also remains unchanged.
But if you need to create a backup of the database for further use, for example, you will need to save it separately by exporting its data to JSON or CSV (to do it, go to the Settings tab). The same applies to API Express projects, Push notification settings, etc.

Also, could you please provide us with more information on the plugin School App you use in your app as well?

Chris6743166

Android Build Error

Hi Galyna,

Yes. The issue is related to Android only and it only comes about when I click the 'release' version checkbox. Doing so causes the firebase JSON files to be dropped and builds to fail; however, restoring the firebase JSON files is not enough to fix the build failure. To fix, it is necessary to delete and restore config.xml and then close and reopen the builder, sometimes more than once.

The apps are always created using a plugin called 'School App' (now shared with support: 777e762b-43a7-47a5-a8e0-aa5c6036a8db), not a backup of an existing app.

The apps do not use any of Appery's BaaS options (push, database, etc.); they are dealt with at this end.

Hope that's enough information.

Thanks,

Chris

Galyna Abramovych
Site Admin

Android Build Error

Hello again,

Our developer has made detailed research into this issue and a lot of new questions arose to be answered so that we could research further.
What exactly is happening to the .json files - are they deselected on the Pushes tab and then disappear from the list of the uploaded files?
Please note that CORDOVA - google-services.json in the Source tab should not be empty; if the .json files on the Pushes tab are successfully added to the app, in config.xml there should be a line with the package name. This should correspond with the package name registered with the Firebase service (and it does correspond in the app you shared but please, check it for the other app). The error reported by Deon (node:26647) occurs if this package name in config.xml is different.
Then, there is no need to register a new app with Firebase every time - you only need one .json pair to use for different projects if you register the package name provided before uploading a new certificate in the new app editor.
Also, please check your PushPllugin options - you have defined the sender_ID there, but this version does not require a sender_ID option.
The last - in our case, the app you shared was successfully built with both debug and release modes. The .json files were deselected in the Push tab only after the app version had been created and the recreated from it. For your shared apps, there appear to be no versions but could you please specify this as well?
And, yes, these files are not expected to be added to the backups - this is the expected behavior.

Chris6743166

Android Build Error

Hi Galyna,

Sorry for the delay in replying. In answer to your questions:

[quote:]What exactly is happening to the .json files - are they deselected on the Pushes tab and then disappear from the list of the uploaded files?[/quote]

What typically happens is that, when the 'release' checkbox is ticked, the JSON files are deselected from the push settings page (https://appery.io/app/projects/61b5de...). What is more, restoring the JSON files does not necessarily fix the problem of APK builds failing. APK builds are only restored by deleting config.xml, undoing all source changes and then closing and reopening the builder (sometimes more than one).

Thank you for the information about the content of CORDOVA - google-services.json. I'll keep an eye on that in case of future problems.

[quote:]The last - in our case, the app you shared was successfully built with both debug and release modes. The .json files were deselected in the Push tab only after the app version had been created and the recreated from it. For your shared apps, there appear to be no versions but could you please specify this as well?[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "there appear to be no versions" of the app and plugin I shared. I found that the .json files were deselected in the Push tab when the 'release' checkbox was selected. In future, if this happens I will check to ensure that the CORDOVA - google-services.json file is not blank and if necessary delete and undo source changes to restore its content.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Return to “Issues”