SteveLacy

App loading from cache

I have deployed my app to the Google Play Store and found that the screens are loading from cache rather than calling the web service and loading fresh data. Everything works fine on the tester app, but once deployed it doesn't update. If I uninstall the app on my phone and reinstall it, it loads properly but returning to the screens later, they again reload from cache. Please help.

maxkatz

App loading from cache

Can you send us a link to the app in Google Play Store and tell us how to reproduce the problem?

SteveLacy

App loading from cache

Sure. Here's the link in the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/de....

1. Launch the app and click on "Now Broadcasting"

2. You'll see a listing of broadcasts and number of attendees for each.

3. Wait a few minutes or more and repeat step 1. If things were working correctly, the listing or the counts attending will be different (especially if you clicked on one of the listings and viewed the broadcast - thereby incrementing the attending count by one).

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Steve

maxkatz

App loading from cache

I think we got the problem reproduced.. trying to figure out why it's happening.

SteveLacy

App loading from cache

Any updates? Another easy way to see what it's doing is to run the app in the tester (where it works) and from the Google Play Store on a phone (where it doesn't) side by side and note the differences.

maxkatz

App loading from cache

We think the problem is with the service. We tried to call the service directly from the browser and it always shows us "the_count": "1" (watchers online) even though one translation was watched by few people in different places.

SteveLacy

App loading from cache

If I call the web service shown on the live listing page (that doesn't require input parameters) from the browser, it returns the json results properly. Also, why would the service work fine in the app and tester but not live? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm losing confidence in Tiggzi if it won't work reliably. Another issue I'm experiencing with the deployed app is my "order by name" button works fine on the tester, but doesn't do anything when clicked on the deployed app.

Please help!

maxkatz

App loading from cache

I have tried the service directly a number of times but the count is always 1:

The question is the service being invoked but just returning 1 or it's not being invoked at all. Try this. On services 'success' or 'complete' event, add an alert(..) to make sure it's being invoked.

SteveLacy

App loading from cache

I added the alert on success and it's being invoked properly.

I suspected the service may be being cached and not returning fresh data. I've added "no cache" headers to the response but it doesn't seem to impact the result.

When running tests using the Tiggzi web based link (or the test link on my phone's browser), things work fine. When using the Tiggzi tester app on my phone, I get the alert that the service succeeded, but it doesn't update the list. One quick way to test if things are working properly is to click the "order by name" then "popular" on the Now Broadcasting screen, the lists should rebuild (they don't on the Tiggzi app tester).

Is there a way to create a variable with a random value to ensure a new web service is called each time? In other programming languages, the web service url would include a random number at the end to ensure things weren't being loaded from cache.

Thanks for your help.

maxkatz

App loading from cache

You can add a random number to the service, but the service would need to be implemented to read that value and do something. Your app simply invokes the services, what data is returned is up to the service. I have asked our team to test this again, I'll update in an hour or so.

Return to “Issues”