Peter Perecz

Chart does not display on Android (nor in Appery Android tester but perfectly does on iOS, Appery iOS tester, Chrome)

Hello Team,

I have an Ionic App, in which I have integrated Apperyio Charts plugin. It works perfectly on iOS tester as well as on my iPhone after I compiled the project in Xcode. However the charts does not display on Android. The console does not display any issue.

Pics attached.

Is there anything I miss or did wrong?

Thanks,
Peter Image Image Image

Serhii Kulibaba

Chart does not display on Android (nor in Appery Android tester but perfectly does on iOS, Appery iOS tester, Chrome)

Hello,

Please try to debug https://docs.appery.io/docs/weinre-de... your project on Android device with Weinre.
Also please detail are there any errors in console?
Please send us error screen shots.

Peter Perecz

Hello Sergiy,

Something really strange happened. Charts display in Weinre mode (both tester and APK) but still does not display in release mode. Please find screenshot of the console.

Thanks,
Peter Image

Yurii Orishchuk

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your details.

Have you tried disable "release" option when your build an .apk?

In release mode Appery.io platform compresses all JS as CSS assets.

This compression could damage incorrect code.

You can verify your JS code here: http://jslint.com/

Regards.

Peter Perecz

Hello Yurii,

It works, thanks for the hint.
However it seems it can not be uploaded to Google Play this way.

Do you have any suggestion how to overcome this?

Thanks,
Peter

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Peter,

Could you please clarify do you try to upload your *.apk file with enabled debugging option? Please disable it in this case.

Peter Perecz

Hello Evgene,

Thanks for getting back.

I do have the Weinre debug as well as the Release ticked-off and still see the same issue.
The APK created comes with *-debug.apk naming.

I have already cleared Chrome browsing history, did not help.

Is there any other place where I could left the debugging option on?

Thanks,
Peter

Image Image Image

Peter Perecz

Hello Evgene,

Thanks, but unfortunately it is not.

I have set "Enable Weinre debug" switched off.
If I do have the "Release" switched on, my charts does not display.
If I have have "Release" off, it produces a debug apk.

Kind of a trap.

(And I have no problem with iOS.)

Thanks,
Peter

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately this seems to be the bug, we opened it and will get back to you with the update.

Return to “Issues”