Deon

Rest API data access never returns data on first attempt to connect

Hi

When I try to access data, for the first time, through the Rest API, it does not return the data. I have to re-open the page a second time and then data is returned.

There are no errors in the console.
Console reports...
Initializing DAO list ([Field List])
etc...
Please assist.

Deon

Sometimes it works sometimes it does not?????? Just getting Console errors 400 (Request Timeout) Seems like we have a timeout problem. This is caused by your server. You seem to have bottleneck issues. Average Ping time 498ms to appery.io. That is bad.
Ping to my db server is 2ms.

Can offline/online checking play a role in this?
I have disabled handleNetworkState in the AppClientSettings (set to False) yet it is still doing something. How do I switch this off cause this is cause nonsense.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Deon,

You can check an access to your DB from the Appery.io server on the test API Express service page. It doesn't use any additional functionality, like offline/online checking, UI delay and so on

Deon

Its a mess. Some tests fails with error.... Execution exceeded allowed time. Some tests dont even run. Nothing happens.

I dont think its viable for South Africa to use your REST API service with databases hosted in South Africa.Latency is too high.

I am also having similar latency issues with your Mongo database although not as bad.

Deon

Its a mess quite frankly. Just timing out all the time. Latency too high. Not viable running your Rest API service to South African hosted db's. I will need to make another plan. Dreamfactory.

Deon

No response?

This is a critical issue. Your REST API is basically useless if this problem cannot be solved.

Is their now way to get a connection to the database directly from the app. In other words, is there now way to port the rest api to the device because accessing it via your servers is not an option. It is far to slow which in essence makes this service unusable (at least for South Africa... but I am sure this will apply to other countries other than America as well)
Waiting your response to this eagerly.

maxkatz

The public Appery.io platform is running on the Amazon cloud. In general, a ping indicates the connection speed between you and the server. That's not something we can control.

Is your database already exposed via APIs?

Deon

Yes. I know that is why I am saying it is pointless using API Express because the latency is too high. It is not a feasible solution. Well at least not if you are in South Africa. Are there any other South Africans or other countries experiencing this problem?

maxkatz

We are not aware of any customers that experience the same issue. One option you could try -- upgrade your subscription to a plan that allows more API Express service invocation time.

Deon

Please explain what you mean by that?

Return to “Issues”