Bruce Stuart

Transition from Old Libaries to new 2.1 libaries - Code breakage...

( ps it's just basic UI manipulation a that aren't working .... If you look at the app it takes moments to repor that it works with the 2.0 libraries and then Nother minute or so to demo it in 2.1 where it does not work ) ....

Maryna Brodina

Hello Bruce!

I am very sorry for delay! Please let me review your app. Most likely we would need to report a bug. I'll update.

Alena Prykhodko

Hello Bruce,

Works for us both 2.0 and 2.1 libraries. See screen shot http://gyazo.com/2cae0e3e3781115e66cc...

You have error in your code, as we can see from begin screen shots of TrueBlueCOA.js file.

Bruce Stuart

Alena,

I tried this on the same day you guys 'succeeded' , and I too received no error.

I tried again today - and received the same error code as I posted above. Can you please look again? Also - I don't see the error in the code that you are pointing out... what line are you referring to?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce Stuart

and, after switching back to the old libraries - back to the 2.0 libraries - the code works fine.

Bruce Stuart

of note - after repeatedly testing this to find the reason behind the inconsistency - I didn't find any.

I did find however that the code does not always break immediately during login - but after pressing a number of the buttons on the UI - I can get the code to break at that same line 575 in component-manager.js -

SelectMenuFacade.prototype.get_selectedMenuItem = function (c) {
return c.val().trim();

with the error - cannot read property trim() of null ... ( of note this may be a timing thing - that the UI's are always closing or opening at the time this error gets thrown - and - if the components don't exist - I could see the use case where this error would present itself..... and might work on some days & times (when the UI's took more or less time to present themselves - and the 'expected' behavior persistent...)...

Can I somehow 'fix' this function by overwriting it with my own function that has an error trap - where if c.val() is null - it doesn't try to trim it - and only returns undefined ??

Bruce Stuart

Found the error in the code that you referred to :-) somehow - it allowed the code to work under v2.0 - thanks very much and sorry for the run around. Apology.

Return to “Issues”