Deon

Project not building after installing pdf417 cordova plugin

Hi
I have seen some posts where appery staff reccomend the pdf417 cordova plugin to scan this type of barcode.

I managed to import the plugin and have generated license keys. Unfortunately the project does not build with this plugin. An error without description is thrown in your build process.

I am building an APK.

Deon

There seems to be two of these plugins on github. They seem to be the same plugin but from different authors.

I tried them both. Neither works. I tried two others as well and they both fail.

I packages exceeds your upload limit. This in itself is frustrating. I dont know why you dont lift the limit. So many Cordova plugins I want to install exceed these limits. I we must manually upload them, can you at least provide mappings as it is not clear to which directories the files need to be uploaded to. Would appreciate any documentation explaining how to manually import cordova plugins into appery.

Deon

Ok. So after that miserable failed attempt, my Toast plugin is now not working either. I have uninstalled all plugins and reinstalled the toast plugin. Its still not working. You are obviously not removing cordova plugins properly when they are unticked or even deleted. Please can you fix this asap. My app is running toast plugins all over and now have an app that does not work at all.

Serhii Kulibaba

Hello Deon,

Please check the required Cordova version of that plugin. Is it the same as you use in your project?

Deon

Hi
Sorry about the late reply. It does not state with version is required.

Do you know of any pdf417 plugins that does work?

Deon

Hi
That is the same forked plugin as pfd417 plugin from Microblink that does not work.

Your other link is a barcode generator, not reader.

Deon

In case anyone is looking for PDF417 Scanner, this Cordova plugin works perfectly.
https://github.com/Telerik-Verified-P.... You would need to disable your current barcode scanner plugin first and i tested with library 4.1

Bruce Stuart

Deon,

So this plugin works - provided you disable or don't have a requirement for BarCode scanning in your app ??

Bruce

Serhii Kulibaba

Deon, thank you for the update! Glad it works now!

Return to “Issues”