Deon

Project not building after installing pdf417 cordova plugin

Hi Bruce

The Telerik Barcode Scanner in the link above will scan all types of barcodes, however you would need to disable the existing default barcode scanner first. It is much better than the default scanner anyway. It allows you to use front or rear facing camera and you can toggle the torch for better visibility.

Note pdf417 or AZTEK are not supported on IOS with this plugin.

All other Cordova Barcode scanners on github (including Microblinks scanner) which I tried does not work or are deprecated.

Emmz

Deon, Thanks for the follow up on this. I may need to use a different barcode scanner than the default Appery one. I think this one still uses the Zxing library however...

Bruce Stuart

Hi Deon, Thanks SUPER much for the guidance - we're about to implement our first bar code scanning app - so great info!

Thanks again!
Bruce

Deon

You welcome! Let me know how it goes.

Deon

Hi Emmz

Not from what I can see. Just a heads up, high density pdf417 is read with much difficulty with the normal camera and it is best to use a device that has a 2D Scanner built in. I am using the Cipherlab S31. You would need to modify the code to use the scanner instead of the Camera. I am still playing with this and will let you know how it goes.

Emmz

Ok thanks Deon. Im only using the Camera for simple 2D barcodes.

Deon

Cool. That should work fine. You may have a problem with scanning drivers licenses where you have a lot of data stored in the barcode.

Return to “Issues”