Matt Scott

slow transitions in both tester and in apk in googe play

Hello,

The transitions in my app are quite slow. In the computer browser, they are ok, no problem. But in appery tester on android 4, and in the apk downloaded thru google play store - the app is quite slow in page transitions.

• The app is very basic - only collapsibles, buttons, panels, youtube vids, and a few background images - (no large image sizes).

• Flat-ui

• Nothing dynamic, nothing custom.

• Already using "render all pages in one html file."

• Following the advice in this thread:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/apperyio/...
    I have changed my buttons from click to tap and set the transition as none on my navigation buttons. This seems to help a bit.

Still, the swipeleft and swiperight actions with the corresponding slide animations are VERY slow.

Also, the open and close PANEL animations are slow.

I understand the speed is affected by the phone specs, programs, etc. on Android. I have tested on a 2 year old Droid Razr Maxx and a year old Galaxy S4. Of course, the animations are a bit faster on the Galaxy.

Also, I have tested using the appery tester on an older Apple product - ios5. This is a bit better than Androind, but still a bit laggy.

My app has been shared with Appery support. (The App is God Tools Thailand).

Would you please have a look and test and advise on what I should change and/or cleanup to improve the speed? Please check how I have implemented "load" and "run javascript" in using backgrounds and centering images. Any problems here?

At this point, I am quite disappointed. I have spent a lot of time on the app, (and money in membership), and unfortunately, at this point, the speed is not good enough for production.

But I believe your great staff can help me to get the app "up to speed."

Thank you,
    Matthew

Illya Stepanov

Hi Matthew,

We will test your app and research what could cause the speed degradation, but this will take some time.

Matt Scott

Yes, of course. Thanks so much for your always friendly and helpful support.

Kateryna Grynko

Hi Matt,

We've tested on SE (Android 4.0.4) and Samsung Premier (Android 4.1.2). It's not too fast, but we can't say it is extremely slow. You could try putting less components on page. Also using a dialog instead of side panel could help you to increase performance.

Matt Scott

To update progress on this...

On iPhone it is very fast. perfect.

On Android 4.04, (Motorola droid razr maxx), it is terribly slow.

-Using a dialog instead of a side panel is not an option. A side panel is a very simple and standard part of many apps. There shouldn't be a problem with something so standard. Plus, it is vital to the operation of the app.

*** The worst part is the left/right swipe - and the corresponding slide transitions.
Again, on iPhone - perfect.
But, on Android 4.04 - the swipe rarely works. I have to swipe at least 6 or 7 times before it will slide to the next page. And the transition is very slow. Absolutely awful.

What might I do to address this?

Thanks very much!

Matt Scott

my android binary settings:

Min. SDK version: 4.0.3- 4.0.4
Target SDK version: 4.1

my appery settings:
libraries version 2.0

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

Could you post your public app link and steps to reproduce?

Matt Scott

Hi Maryna!

Thanks very much! Sure, the app has been shared with a href="mailto:support@appery.io" rel="nofollow"support@appery.io/a
Name: Gospel Tools Thailand

app public link:
http://appery.io/app/mobile-frame?src...

** Note ** - Testing through this web link will not show you the problem. The slow transitions, and the problems with swipe left/right only happen in Android, and must be seen in the appery tester on through an installed apk on a device.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open App.

2. Click on the Logo on the Collapsible, under the text "Toolbox" - the logo reads, "Knowing God."

3. The first screen loads quickly. Swipe left to go to next pages. You will see that swipe does not function well at all. Keep swiping to go to following pages - with image on top of each #1, #2, #3, #4.

4. Also tap on the button at the bottom, "More" or "Videos." This will open a side panel.

5. Tap on the collapsible set on the side panel. In testing on Android 4.4 on a Samsung device, the collapsible is not functioning. It is not opening. On other android versions, it is working normally. (on android 4.4, it is simply changing to the highlight color, but not opening).

You will see general slow performance throughout on Android.

Final notes: This is really a very basic app. With collapsibles, labels, background images, a few other images, a few buttons, and youtube videos. I can't imagine why I am having such poor performance. Perhaps the javascript codes I have found in the documentation here at appery, and on these forums are not the best way to handle dealing with images. I would be happy to change that, if you could please test, and then point me in the right direction.

Thanks again!
    Matt

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Matt,

I've tested your app on Android 4.1.2 and the it seems to me that I could reproduce your issue. Our developers will look at it.

Matt Scott

Thanks so much Evgene! Again, you are always very helpful. I really appreciate it!!

Return to “Issues”