Yurii Orishchuk

db service not working after upgrade

Hi Lux,

Thanks for your update.

Glad you get it to work.

Regards.

Lux Smith

BTW, this doesn't mean that the bug is fixed. It's a workaround. You guys should fix this issue.

Yurii Orishchuk

HI Lux,

Yes we will fix it in our documentation or builder.

Regards

Lux Smith

This is causing a great issue for me now ... All of my services are being affected ... All of the update service requests populate random attributes that have not been mapped in the service. You have to fix this issue. Am I the only one who has reported this problem?

I am very frustrated because everytime you guys make a major update, it breaks my app. Is there any detailed documentation of what is changed in the releases

Daniel Kolsi

Lux, my app also stopped functioning after the September upgrade. All database services / operations stopped functioning and I was getting strange error messages inside Appery.io (stack trace referred to Appery.io functions). My "workaround" is to use the Appery.io version before the upgrade.

I agree with Lux. Upgrading a platform should never break applications that depend on the platform. It is like upgrading an OS should not break applications that are using the older version of the OS. There should be backward compatibility.

I have +15 years of experience as a (senior) software engineer (MC68K assembly, Java, Pascal, C/C++, Javascript etc.) and I still don't know how to make my app compatible with the upgrade.

My honest opinion is that the upgrade was a failure. However, it has not been a "showstopper" as I've been able to use Appery.io version before the upgrade (which functions fine).

Lux Smith

Any updates? I haven't received any replies in 4 days now !!!

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Lux,

Sorry for radio silence here, we tried many times but couldn't manage to reproduce this. Could you please try to log out from appery.io, clear browser cache and cookies and re-log in? Also could you please clarify, what link disappears?

Return to “Issues”