Anil Sagar

Bug - Template gives same name to all pages

Using a template gives the same name to all pages created based on the template. You can rename the page in 'pages menu' but the page name still remains same in the 'component navigation bar' or even in the options available while creating an 'event'. This makes it very difficult to choose the right page when you want to navigate to a page depending on a button click or something similar.

Creating a duplicate of such a page gives an opportunity to change the page name in all places but whenever you update the template, all page names are changed to a same name again.

Really problematic issue.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Anil,

Sorry for inconvenience, this bug should be fixed soon.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Anil,

This bug was fixed, could you please try it.

Anil Sagar

Issue is not fully resolved.

If one makes any changes to the template and then opens the dependent pages, then again page name changes to same as that of template.

obullei

Hello!

Could you describe all your steps.
Please specify does the problem still occur?

Anil Sagar

That's really strange. I have already described everything very clearly above. Template is there so that u can make changes to it and every page made through that template should reflect those changes. It's supposed to be that simple.

Now when I make changes to the template, all pages made through template change their names as well in all places except in the page menu on the left of editor. This changes all references to those pages and creates a havoc within the app.

Yes the problem is still there. Pls see the snapshot below. Button added to the template. When the dependent page is opened, it shows the new added button but it's name is also changed to same as that of the template.

Evgene Karachevtsev

Hello Anil,

Yes, unfortunately this bug is still reproducible, we reported it.

Anil Sagar

Also, not able to add a pop-up to a page built on a template. I am trying to add a pop-up in the workarea of the page (not in the template).

Maryna Brodina

Hello!

This time it is not a bug, this is how it works.

Anil Sagar

Not sure what you mean. If I cant add a component on a page based on template then what is the point of having a template?

Or are you saying I can add all components in the work area of a template based page except the pop-ups?

Return to “Issues”